PDA

View Full Version : Horn Push?

NSXGB
29-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to buy spare 'Horn push' buttons for the NSX steering wheel? One of mine pinged out yesterday, breaking one of the small plastic tabs that holds it in place, so it can't really be repaired.

What's the betting that they only come with a new steering wheel?!

All the best,

Simon.

kowalski
29-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Not sure if you can get the buttons seperately, i had a problem with my cruise control buttons, had to buy a new steering wheel, only to find out it wasnt the buttons at fault.

I have had a look at the steering wheel i removed and can not see a way of changing the buttons seperately. i have attached a pic of the steering wheel without the airbag so you can see the innards, there is a small dimple in the plastic by the side of the horn buttons but no srews or means of stripping it down.

If you do need to buy a new wheel let me know, i might sell my spare

Leigh

NSXGB
02-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the reply.

The buttons will pop out easily with a little help left & right with a feeler blade or such like & a bit of upward pressure. There are four small hooks left, right, top &bottom on the button moulding that secure it when fitted, one of mine has broken. I don't think there is enough meat there to glue it back together, but it's worth a try first.

...failing that, how much do you want for your steering wheel?!

NSXGB
02-09-2004, 08:21 AM
FYI

Just been on the phone to Honda....

They are available separately:

L/H side pn: 78522SL0A81**
R/H side pn: 78521SL0A81**

** denotes the interior colour code of your car.

The L/H side will cost £32.20 + VAT and the R/H side for some reason is £33.85 + VAT. This includes the whole horn push assembly which I think is an interferance fit into the wheel housing.