PDA

View Full Version : honda bodyshop

gumball
15-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi, i'm due for an mot and service at norton way and thought I might have a stone chip respray on the nose and bonnet there aswell, are they a good bodyshop or should I go to an independant shop, thanks.

simonprelude
15-01-2007, 02:43 PM
They seem pretty good as a bodyshop, however generally tend to advise against front end work due to the amount of hours to remove the front bumper.

gumball
15-01-2007, 04:51 PM
The panel and paint match up are a bit of a worry but the 15 odd years worth of stone chips are getting me down, I'd like to get the paint done so I can maybe apply some venture shield, then there's the wheels to recondition.......

Papalazarou
15-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I got mine done by a Honda approved place in Taunton.

I had the nose cone done first, then decided to have the wings and the bonnet cleaned up. They blended it perfectly and spent 6 hours machine polishing the car afterwards.
The results were pretty fantastic. so much so that the guy doing the work couldn't believe how good it actually was.

With regard to the bumpers; I had both mine removed and it is a pain and takes roughly 4-5 hours labour altogether if you get someone else to do it.

In my opinion, colour match will never be perfect unless you blend one panel into the next.
Pande's really the best person to talk to about this though.

Cheers,

James.

gumball
15-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow thats a lot of time to remove a bumper, local honda quoted £300 for a nose spray last year, I presume now that was for a quicky blow over.

simonprelude
15-01-2007, 07:16 PM
It would have been for a blow over with no panels being removed :(

Wow thats a lot of time to remove a bumper, local honda quoted £300 for a nose spray last year, I presume now that was for a quicky blow over.

Martin
15-01-2007, 08:06 PM
James

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost?

Cheers,
Martin

Greybloke
15-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Norton Way did my front, and I was quite pleased with the result. A word of caution however, the Honda approved paint spec is different from original, and may not be an exact match. An independant may get a better match, as they can choose from a variety of paint suppliers?

Papalazarou
16-01-2007, 09:24 PM
James

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost?

Cheers,
Martin

Ok, front and rear bumpers, bonnet and wings blended, roof (someone had dropped it at some point and the repray wasn't perfect) and side pillars, removal and replacement of bumpers + 6 hours of flatting and polishing.

From memory, just under a grand. Sounds like a lot but they did a very good job.

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
16-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Norton Way did my front, and I was quite pleased with the result. A word of caution however, the Honda approved paint spec is different from original, and may not be an exact match. An independant may get a better match, as they can choose from a variety of paint suppliers?

Everyone I spoke to said you really need to get the closest match then blend the panels. The Honda approved paintshop that did mine had around 25 different cards for Formula red!

Cheers,

James.

AR
16-01-2007, 09:29 PM
From memory, just under a grand. Sounds like a lot but they did a very good job.

Cheers,

James.

James that sounds like a give away if they got the same finish as OEM.

I might trouble you for the number in the near future.

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
16-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Ary,

I'm pretty fussy and the finish was excellent. The place is bodytech in Taunton
Tel: 01823 351381. The guy to speak to is Richard.

Cheers,

James.

AR
16-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Cheers mate I will save the number.