PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on what first

reg
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Having only had the car for a short while there are things I would like to improve on. What is the general opinion on what mods have been the most effective, be it value for money or sheer improvement on the base performance?

Cheers,

Reg.

AR
11-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Without a doubt the first mechanical mod should be a more free flowing exhaust.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
11-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Reg,

It depends what type of mods you are wishing to make, cosmetic, handling, braking or engine performance or some combination of these?

Cosmetic could be a simple valet to restore the paint lustre and remove defects etc all the way through to the 02 facelift.

Handling is a very personal approach, from the relatively simple upgrade of anti-roll bars through to the full NSX-R suspension, considered by many to be the best set-up for the NSX but maybe to harsh for UK roads/regular use.

Braking could be just a fluid change and some braided hoses to restore factory feel or the full Brembo caliper/disc upgrade, or somewhere in the middle?

Finally, engine performance is common. As Ary suggests, a change of exhaust will release performance but I would say you need to consider the inlet side (filter) aswell to keep the balance. Mine was good but so much better once I completed the inlet.

One other area that gets attention (more so in the US) is the reduction in weight of your NSX. Both Dali and Prime have references on how to shed some weight. I've been told on several occasion that if you loose weight from anywhere, make it the rear end of the NSX rather than the front otherwise you risk losing front end grip and steering feel.

The only other thing is to decide if you're happy to mix and match for your results or to try and keep to OEM upgrades which will generally be a collection of NSX-R parts. Once you've decided, you can then take advantage of the current good exchange rates $$$.

HTH

Regards, Paul

reg
11-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Reg,

It depends what type of mods you are wishing to make, cosmetic, handling, braking or engine performance or some combination of these?

Cosmetically I am very happy with it. I may have a valet before Japfest but that's about it. Am thinking exhaust and then later on the induction. I am always wary of intake kits as I have seen some aftermarket stuff let all sorts of crud into the engine and also put big holes in the power curve. The Procar one looks good and obviously makes the power looking at your dyno reading!

I think braided hoses and fluid as soon as I can and then lean on the brakes a bit and see what they can do. Right now I am not overly impressed with them considering the performance of the car.

Will do some reading on the swaybar but it's only ever going to be a road car so I don’t want too many compromises or to make it a PITA to drive for me and the other half.