PDA

View Full Version : Honda Warranty - Just Bought 2002 NSX

Damian T
08-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi everybody, have now taken the plunge and bought a HONDA! ( left the dark side of Porsche and BMW behind ).
Just finalising the warranty details ( bought from Honda Westgate in Grimsby) .Is it worth upgrading to the wear and tear option ? Anybody had experience of claiming on this type of warranty.
I'm not expecting any claims , due to the reliabilty records of the NSX , but I've always been a bit sceptical on the warranty front.

Cheers

Damian T Glasgow:)

TheQuietOne
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi everybody, have now taken the plunge and bought a HONDA! ( left the dark side of Porsche and BMW behind ).
Just finalising the warranty details ( bought from Honda Westgate in Grimsby) .Is it worth upgrading to the wear and tear option ? Anybody had experience of claiming on this type of warranty.
I'm not expecting any claims , due to the reliabilty records of the NSX , but I've always been a bit sceptical on the warranty front.

Cheers

Damian T Glasgow:)

For what it's worth I had a full warranty on mine 18 months ago when I bought it (it was 5 years old then) and got absolutely zero for my money as it hasn't missed a beat - having said that others on here have had a lot of benefit from it, I know there was the curious incident of the a/c in comeone's car which saved them about £1500 if memory serves me correct!

Post some details as soon as you have the car please! Oh and ENNNNNNNNNNNJJJJJJJJJJJOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!:D

WhyOne?
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I bought Y1 with 18 months of the Honda Extended warranty remaining (well, actually, 2 extended warranties running on the same car?!?!) and immediately had most of the significant parts od the a/c replaced - would have cost somewhere north of £1500 otherwise!

You pays your money............

Nick Graves
08-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Congratulations!

I extended the Warranty on my S2000, for a further year. CWOT!

simonprelude
09-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I have had a wheel bearing, rear light cluster and boot lid gas struts replaced on mine with the wear and tear warranty, all would have been refused on the standard warranty.

sportyking
09-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, make sure the garage checks whether or not there is already a Honda extended warranty on the car, someone may have already purchased it. I got caught out this way :(

WhyOne?
09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I got caught out this way :(

And Honda/the warranty co. are surprisingly(!) reluctant(!!!) to refund a duplicated warranty.
:(

Damian T
09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks Simon,

think I'll upgrade warranty.

Cheers

Damian

TheSebringOne
05-03-2007, 12:39 AM
The 1yr warranty from the Honda dealer where I brought my used NSX has ran out. How much are warranties out there from Honda or since the warranty ran out over a year ago and I don't use the same Honda garage for it's servicing, do I have 2 purchase an after market one now?
Also since I do only about 1000 miles a year !! Is a warranty worth it? My is a 1999 with 35-36k on the clock with FHSH, but when I go out, I also switch the air con on 2 stop build up of condensation & do an emergency stop so the ABS does'nt seized up? R there other things I should used 2 minimise potential future probs? (apart from use the car more I know!!)
Cheers James (formly k/a JAMESPW13) :D :rolleyes: