PDA

View Full Version : 91-94 headers on eBay...

NSXGB
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Has anyone else bought these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-NSX-91-94-Exhaust-Header-Headers-Manifold-BIN-659_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ020QQitem Z300067134613QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

From what I can tell they are a rip off of the Comptech ones(?) at a more reasonable price...

+ $120 shipping FYI.

Senninha
08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Simon,

There has been much debate on Prime recently about a cheaper header that is copied form a known brand - I dont know if these are the ones.

The problem seemed to be a design fault, copied into the 'fake' version that causes a cracking failure near the lower flange. The debate acknowledged the good warranty but suggests that this and the low price won't compensate for the high labour costs of removal and refitting for the headers everytime the fail.

HTH, would hate to see you get caught out if these are the ones.

regards

Paul

kowalski
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
If I remember correctly, the fault was with all brands of headers that had the "accordian" style flex joint, these would crack up. The fact that someone made a cheap copy of an already bad design by a good company doesnt look good, warranty or not.

You get what you pay for rings true!

leigh

britlude
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
still, at that price, with the pound/dollar what it is, they are cheap enought to modify to a superior flex joint, and still be quids in...

i have been watching these for a while, can't decide just yet! lol..

and while i'm at it, does anyone else have temp sensors going into the aft side of the cats? they look like thermocouples with stainless braided leads, definately NOT O2 sensors.. maybe a JDM only? i only ask, because if these headers go on, i'll lose the cats anyway, and i've yet to see test pipes with the right fitting! (though I'll be making my own anyway!)