PDA

View Full Version : Ascc

Silver Surfer
08-01-2007, 01:39 AM
I thought I post the first piccies here.

SS

blue5
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
So this is the new BMW 7 series coupe?

Papalazarou
08-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Looks a bit like a Corvette to me.

Cheers,

James.

Steveycaz
08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Certainly more chunky muscle car than sleek and elegant like the NSX. Apparently the engine is in the front. what's that all about?

AR
08-01-2007, 11:55 AM
America is where the $$$ is for Honda. Lexus and Infinity have had high end coupes, the Legend was an attempt, but this is in a different league.

Like James says it looks a bit like a Corvette, but it also has the baby Aston, Maseratti and to an extent the 599 as its targets.

I will buy one for sure.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
The profile view looks interesting with a cross of several current 'preferred' coupes visible. However, the front and rear look cluttered and non finished.

I think James is on the money with the 'looks like a Corvette' comment. The Zo6 is regularly compared to the Acura NSX, this new car is designed by the Americans and the $$ are in America so is anyone really surprised that the design is going this way??

I just think it goes to prove beyond doubt that Honda performed a master stroke of engineering with the NSX, something even they are unable (or willing) to try to repeat. Except it guys and girls, we have a unique car that changed the way Supercars were designed and built and now with no replacement, it only increases in importance and value (to me at least!)

regards

Paul

simonprelude
08-01-2007, 02:52 PM
As a lot of people across the net are saying, I am glad that this will be an Acura and not a Honda. (I don't think they are saying it in America though).

Will I buy one, not sure.

Will I replace the NSX with one, NO.

DamianW
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Looks very American. Which shouldn't be a surprise given it was styled in America and America is their biggest market.

Its grown on me a little bit, and a front engine/rear wheel drive car with a V10 and Honda reliability has a certain amount of appeal.

AR
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I just think it goes to prove beyond doubt that Honda performed a master stroke of engineering with the NSX, something even they are unable (or willing) to try to repeat.

regards

Paul

I think that they have learned from their mistakes. The NSX was better than most of the supercars of its time and it still did not sell in the expected numbers.

Why?

Because it was a Honda!

The general public is biased and thus they missed out. This time they are giving them what they want. A GT ( AM, Z06, 599 ) car that will leave the competition behind and be reliable.
I am sure that they will have an " R " variant out too, not that will be something else!

Is early days yet.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
originally posted by Simonprelude
Will I replace the NSX with one, NO.

Its no replacement for the NSX!

Its grown on me a little bit, and a front engine/rear wheel drive car with a V10 and Honda reliability has a certain amount of appeal.
But will that appeal remain once they've priced it? Sub £50k and they have a chance. But with the V10 and other technology expect higher pricing. Once it hits £75k (or more) then I'd be off to Gaydon to collect the Vantage or DB9.

regards

Papalazarou
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM

But will that appeal remain once they've priced it? Sub £50k and they have a chance. But with the V10 and other technology expect higher pricing. Once it hits £75k (or more) then I'd be off to Gaydon to collect the Vantage or DB9.

regards

Just let me know when and I'll get the day off work:p

Cheers,

James.

AR
08-01-2007, 04:05 PM

regards

Around $ 46.000.00 US gets you a base spec Acura RL with paddle shifter SH-AWD and an engine as powerful ( on paper ) as the current or shall I say last NSX.

Say they double the price more or less and level it at $ 100.000.00 US that is around £ 52.000.00. If it does come up at that price, I see a lot of them will be sold! Think S2000 times 2!

Cheers,

AR

Paul G
08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Looks like the Toyota FT-HS to me!! couldn't get the picture to attach, but sure you may have seen details on Piston Heads?

Hasn't grown on me yet!

Senninha
08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Say they double the price more or less and level it at $ 100.000.00 US that is around £ 52.000.00. Cheers, AR
Ary,

This all looks good at todays exchange rate, however, a $20k Mustang ends up costing £30k so on that basis the new Acura would cost £75k, so as I said, I'll be off to Aston.

regards

Paul

AR
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Ary,

This all looks good at todays exchange rate, however, a $20k Mustang ends up costing £30k so on that basis the new Acura would cost £75k, so as I said, I'll be off to Aston.

regards

Paul

Paul do you think they will make the same mistake twice in a row?

Take the S2000, IMHO is a succes stealing customers from boxters, M coupes, lotus etc.

I usre hope that they keep it around the same price as the last NSX, or I'll be going elsewhere.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
08-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Paul do you think they will make the same mistake twice in a row?

Take the S2000, IMHO is a succes stealing customers from boxters, M coupes, lotus etc.

I usre hope that they keep it around the same price as the last NSX, or I'll be going elsewhere.

Cheers,

AR
Sadly I think they will. With the exception of the CTR, Honda have struggle to get the performance models correctly specified and priced since the mid 80's. The ITR sold because it was (and still is) the best ever handling FWD car in DC2 form.

The S2 has picked up since the 04 facelift as they tamed the 'too focused for some' handling and made the whole thing look fresher, more up-market. And where was the Type-R version??

The focus is on the US market. If it was the UK then we would have had a limited run of the DC5 to fill the gap between CTR's.

So thats 2 of us of elsewhere .... any more?

regards

Lankstarr
08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
YOU TRAITORS!!!

By the time it comes out how much will we be able to pick up a Gallardo or Murcielago for?? That's where my wallet will be heading!

Unless of course Fuzilov sells his NA2 Type R at the right time or I can be ar5ed to import one!

L*

kowalski
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Not keen on this at all, unless there's another mid engined concept yet to be unveiled! If I was to be interested in front engine rear wheel drive then I would buy an Aston. I think this is more in the Corvette and even the new Nissan GTR territory

And as for making mistakes, even the new CTR doesn't get the greatest of write ups in this months Car, Honda talks of making the car for more mature buyers "with an easier and more comfortable ride" ?

As for buying a Gallardo, they are getting affordable now its just the running costs that put me off! Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX! (not that ime getting rid of mine!)

leigh

AR
09-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX!

leigh

I could not have put it better myself.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
09-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX!

I could not have put it better myself.

Cheers,

AR

And you've proved that it only brings more happiness :)

TheQuietOne
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Just let me know when and I'll get the day off work:p

Cheers,

James.

So that could be any day then really ;) :p

TheQuietOne
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
So thats 2 of us of elsewhere .... any more?

If you guys provide me with you 'head measurements' and 'mouth apertures' I have a really good flat cap, and pipe shop near by, you can get the slippers yourselves...BOF's!

I think you should be instantly banned for the comments on this thread and daring to mention another manufacturer, what do you think this is, an open discussion forum?

The demographic really is changing here - I despair, really I do.

P.S. Anyone interested in my NSX for £50K it has to be worth that if now surely...!?!?! ;)

Luke I'm with you mate TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNSQOTMF'S!

gumball
09-01-2007, 05:57 PM
A bit like an big alfa sz with the little black canopy and high slab sides because of the pedestrian friendly nose, maybe it will look better in production form with wing mirrors and visible shut lines or larger intake on the side for (brake cooling;)) I think they should have put these rear lights on the earlier mid engined effort, that would have been nicer.

AR
09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
So has anyone tried to put a deposit down yet?

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
So that could be any day then really ;) :p

You suck, and not in a rubbish way.................factory boy!!

Cheers,

James.

:p Look! smilie so I don't mean it. Or did I? hahahaha.

amo
09-01-2007, 09:46 PM
If you guys provide me with you 'head measurements' and 'mouth apertures' I have a really good flat cap, and pipe shop near by, you can get the slippers yourselves...BOF's!

I think you should be instantly banned for the comments on this thread and daring to mention another manufacturer, what do you think this is, an open discussion forum?

The demographic really is changing here - I despair, really I do.

P.S. Anyone interested in my NSX for £50K it has to be worth that if now surely...!?!?! ;)

Luke I'm with you mate TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNSQOTMF'S!

lollol lol
u the man just wot i was thinkin
u lot old toooo old

i like it looks like some thing off battlestar glactica lol

thx amo

AR
09-01-2007, 09:59 PM
lollol lol
u the man just wot i was thinkin
u lot old toooo old

i like it looks like some thing off battlestar glactica lol

thx amo

A bit like the pot calling the kettle black no?

J/K

Cheers,

AR

TheQuietOne
09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
A bit like the pot calling the kettle black no?

J/K

Cheers,

AR

LOL not orange enough for some tastes obviously Ary ;)

AR
09-01-2007, 10:33 PM
LOL not orange enough for some tastes obviously Ary ;)

So it seems mate, so it seems...

BTW I was at my cousin's house today and he showed me his new company car, an executive accord diesel with all the extras. Even his 56 S2000 feels old. Is a Honda and it has so many things that the regular 2002 on NSX should have had.

Anyways, I am looking forward to one of them Asc or whatever they are called to replace the NSX-R in the future. I'll make sure I specify the carbon kevlar seats and the voice recognition!

Just look at the Legend, $ 36K with enough specs to bore you and 291BHP from a SOHC 3.5 V6! Give them an extra £ 30K and then imagine the results.

The ASC will tear new anal sphincters to the competition and the current NSXs, of that I am sure.

Cheers,

AR

AR
09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
How can you call this ugly?

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/media/380x228/f5/f5e2299e6c52422f9998d23aeb289456.jpg

Senninha
09-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone interested in my NSX for £50K it has to be worth that if now surely...!?!?! :wink:

Dear Matt, if it wasn't the slowest heaviest and least powerful maybe you could persuade someone :)

i like it looks like some thing off battlestar glactica
And as we all know Amo, you do like to blend in ;)

I think they should have put these rear lights on the earlier mid engined effort
I agree, plus sort out the rear window and the HSC was a good looking replacement to have the NSX nda

Not ugly, but un-finished IMO. And I dont get the rear window arrangement with the gutter half way around it ....??:confused:

AR
09-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Not ugly, but un-finished IMO. And I dont get the rear window arrangement with the gutter half way around it ....??:confused:

I agree that it is unfinished Paul, but we can tell that it will be ( in Borat's best accent ) nice, I like. :)

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
10-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Watching this now, but I think my money would still go towards the bull :)

li like it looks like some thing off battlestar glactica lol

Senninha
10-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Watching this now, but I think my money would still go towards the bull :)
Tempting as the Gcar is, I wouldn't allow myself to be trapped by such steep running costs

simonprelude
10-01-2007, 01:45 AM
No. Murci all the way. Running costs :)

Tempting as the Gcar is, I wouldn't allow myself to be trapped by such steep running costs

AR
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Comon guys high revving V-10, what would it sound like with straight pipes and a titanium exhaust?

As long as they don hybrid it I would not mind one.

Cheers,

AR

TheQuietOne
10-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Dear Matt, if it wasn't the slowest heaviest and least powerful maybe you could persuade someone :)

Do you think if I blew the GDP of a small African country on CF parts it would be worth anymore? :p
Nope, thought not. ;)

Senninha
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
And it would still be the slowest and least powerful :lol:

TheQuietOne
10-01-2007, 11:42 AM

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/media/380x228/f5/f5e2299e6c52422f9998d23aeb289456.jpg

Thanks to this post last night Ary I now have this as the background on my Blackberry - so we'll see if the drip drip approach grows on me!

Cheers, Matt.

TheQuietOne
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
And it would still be the slowest and least powerful :lol:

And to top it all it would also look Chavvy! I'm happy being in the purist camp as Honda intended....:p ;)

I have told you before Paul, least powerful does not mean slowest...you really need to have a think about it all - actually you're right my car must be quicker than Ritchie's it has 40 bhp more at least! :rolleyes:

AR
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks to this post last night Ary I now have this as the background on my Blackberry - so we'll see if the drip drip approach grows on me!

Cheers, Matt.

In Delboy's best accent:

You know it makes sense!

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
10-01-2007, 12:02 PM
And to top it all it would also look Chavvy! I'm happy being in the purist camp as Honda intended....:p ;)

I have told you before Paul, least powerful does not mean slowest...you really need to have a think about it all - actually you're right my car must be quicker than Ritchie's it has 40 bhp more at least! :rolleyes:

OK Guys - time for you to get a room and battle this one out! I think that you should have consecutive spots for the track day and we can see if lard plus power and carbon fibre beats a slightly less than standard beastie!