PDA

View Full Version : Senna races again!

kowalski
19-08-2004, 05:45 PM
For all Senna Fans,

Ayton Senna's Nephew has decided to follow in his uncles footsteps, hopefully some of the great mans skills run in the family! :D

I have copied the text of this article from
>http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040819/13/5t3q.html<

Bruno Senna, 20 year old nephew of Ayrton Senna, has chosen to start his racing career in the Formula BMW UK Championship. Senna raced karts up until the age of ten but has never previously raced a car.

His debut will be at the Brands Hatch Indy Circuit this Sunday and will compete in the remaining three rounds of the series by Carlin Motorsport, who have been testing the young Brazilian in preparation for an eventual move into Formula 3.

“Our objective was to get Bruno ready for racing and the FBMW was the natural choice of car to use in preparation for a later move into F3," explained Team Principle, Trevor Carlin. "Bruno’s testing has been very good and now he needs to get into competition with others – to ascertain his level of competitiveness in qualifying and also to give him the racing experience that he will need to compete successfully next season.”

Bruno Senna is clearly eager to get into the series.
“I have done a test program at two circuits in the UK and I feel that I am now familiar enough with the car to go racing," Senna said. "I’m planning to do the last three races at Brands Hatch, Rockingham and Donington and I have never run on these tracks, so it won’t be easy as the other drivers have tested or raced at two of them. But I’m not worried about this. The important thing is to try and qualify in the top ten places and then get used to racing the other drivers. I think that the FBMW is a good race car to learn in and as the cars are pretty equal and the racing is close which is just what I need. I’m looking forward to it.”

Leigh