PDA

View Full Version : King Motorsports in the US - highly recommended

WhyOne?
04-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I wasn't sure where I should post this, but hopefully here is OK?!

I recently bought serveral sets of Mugen wheel nuts from King Motorsports whilst in the USA. King stock all manner of aftermarket goodies (Mugen, Spoon etc. etc.) and have an NSX specific search facility on their website so you can quickly see what is available / will fit:

www.kingmotorsports.com

I have tried to buy various bits and bobs for cars whilst visiting the US in the past and have encountered all sorts of problems - the most common are companies being reticent to ship to an address other than that where a credit card is registered (which is of course understandable), being very reticent to ship to hotels (ditto) and not being keen on accepting non-US credit cards (this one I find difficult to fathom.......UK cards work fine in US shops, hotels, etc. etc.) During the summer whilst in Florida, what I hoped / expected to be a straightforward transaction with Dali resulted in my Paypal account being disabled for security reasons (absolutely no fault of Dali) and the whole transaction turned into a complete nightmare.

Anyway a fellow called Scott at King Motorsports was brilliant - I contacted him before placing the order and he was extremely prompt and helpful in responding to my query, assuring me all would be well and that he would look out for the order and ensure it was dipatched in an appropriate manner to guarantee delivery whilst I was actually in the US!

The package was shipped ot my hotel, a tracking number was supplied and everything went very smoothly indeed (well...the hotel post room contrived to loose the box for 12 hours, but appart from that!!!!)

Anyway, I thought this might be of interest to people visiting the States.