PDA

View Full Version : Front page problem

Rob_Fenn
18-08-2004, 09:49 AM
When you click on the top gear link at the bottom on the homepage it takes you to what seems a broken link on the forum..

Also, why is the forum button labelled 'enter main'? Wouldn't 'enter forum' not be better?

Thanks!

-Rob

ctrlaltdelboy
18-08-2004, 10:59 AM
When you click on the top gear link at the bottom on the homepage it takes you to what seems a broken link on the forum..

Also, why is the forum button labelled 'enter main'? Wouldn't 'enter forum' not be better?

Thanks!

-Rob

Hi Rob

2 valid points made there

1. agreed - at the time that that link was posted the forum was sited on a different server, since then the new link is here (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16&sid=ffd96d3c05412b3ffde15e2b89d4b140) but the homepage needs to be updated accordingly.

2. there is an arguement for both terminologies on this - on the one hand the forum could very much be seen as the main part of the NSXCB site, and so the term 'enter main' is indeed valid, on the other hand it could be viewed as more correct for the link to say 'enter forum' as the forum is indeed where the link takes you to.

hopefully Kevin will spot this thread shortly and fix the link in your first point.

maybe we can get some opinions here on what the NSXCB members think is the better terminology for the link in your second point.

trackdemon
18-08-2004, 02:41 PM
I'd concur with the opinion that "enter main" should be titled enter forum, as thats exactly what it does. At the moment the site seems to be purely forum, with little else so it'd be fair to describe that as the "mian" part of it, but I'd like to see a little more done for the front page - I wonder what the legal stance would be on having links to scanned NSX documents for example? I think it'd be fascinating to be able to read all the old NSX road tests / features etc at one resource.
I think it'd be cool to have an NSX photo gallery too (I realize we have a thread in the forum, but its not the same).
Maybe some articles written by members about the NSX, or an NSX experience? One of us should get the ball rolling and put a few words together, maybe I'll even do something myself!

ctrlaltdelboy
18-08-2004, 03:04 PM
I agree that all of the things that trackdemon suggests as content for the 'main' website would be very useful and informative, the downside of doing this is that it would be pure duplication of all of the content already available at www.nsxprime.com - and there seems (to me) little point in doing that to be honest.

Rob_Fenn
18-08-2004, 03:39 PM
It would be fantastic to have the history of the NSX on the mainpage, i've tried to research the *** spec models but with not much luck..or detail at least.

I agree with the gallery idea, of the members cars perhaps, with a little info about each person also? Just to break the ice as it were..

Just had a look at nsxprime, not all that really? I'm a web designer my trade, i would be happy to knock something up if it wouldn't be treading on any toes :)

-Rob

ctrlaltdelboy
18-08-2004, 04:41 PM
there's a bit of NSX history on the NSX pages on my website - see here (http://www.darrenferneyhough.com/nsx.htm)

Kevin
19-08-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm on holiday at the moment, honeymoon in fact in Malaysia. I just logged in to see what's happening here.

The forum is the website. That's why it says Enter Main. The problem with websites is someone has to put the effort in to keep it up to date. A forum based system is the easiest for me to do. The site before used be done in html, but do have other things to do than update websites.

Another point, which is interesting that it's been brought up is content. Another reason for using a forum is so that other people can add content easily without having to have access to the site. So far the content has been slow in coming forward. So if a history of the NSX is wanted, then get writing!

It does say in the announcements that I will even let you have your own topic in the forums, so that you can document your car, things you do etc, again I'm still waiting.

So, you all know what to do. Get to it.