PDA

View Full Version : changing steering wheel

brettwood
21-12-2006, 02:16 PM
hi,
does anyone know if its leagal to remove your airbag steering wheel to put a aftermarket
steering wheel on which has no airbag ?
keith

simonprelude
21-12-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't think it's illegal, however your Insurance company will be interested.

mutley
21-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I have seen many photos of cars with an aftermarket steering wheel, and I did contemplate it myself............ the only thing that stopped me was that although I don't intend on crashing, I like the idea of the airbag being there just in case!!

Jim

amo
21-12-2006, 02:33 PM
mine is a after market 1 not bothered that much about the airbag
insurance prob none
get a snap off kit as well

thx amo

AR
23-12-2006, 11:46 PM
hi,
does anyone know if its leagal to remove your airbag steering wheel to put a aftermarket
steering wheel on which has no airbag ?
keith

There is always loads for sale on prime if not try Dali.

Cheers,

AR

brettwood
23-12-2006, 11:56 PM
i was wanting to put a aftermarket wheel on as the std wheel is a bit boring.
what is dali ?
keith

There is always loads for sale on prime if not try Dali.

Cheers,

AR

AR
24-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Dali Racing is a vendor of NSX parts and the owner MJ is a nice staright up guy.

http://www.daliracing.com

Cheers,

AR

PS Check PM

brettwood
24-12-2006, 12:09 AM
thanx for that your help is much appreciated.its a shame we got off on the wrong foot before. but lets put it behind us. do you own a nsx yourself ? i didnt get your name.
keith

Dali Racing is a vendor of NSX parts and the owner MJ is a nice staright up guy.

http://www.daliracing.com

Cheers,

AR

PS Check PM

AR
24-12-2006, 12:41 AM
thanx for that your help is much appreciated.its a shame we got off on the wrong foot before. but lets put it behind us. do you own a nsx yourself ? i didnt get your name.
keith

Keith as I said in the PM mate, just ask and if I know I will point you in the right direction.

I am on my second NSX at the moment, a 1994 JDM NSX-R.

My name is Ary, but I sign AR as my signature.

Cheers,

AR

brettwood
24-12-2006, 01:00 AM
AR
does your car have the large scoop in the bonnet ?
keith

Keith as I said in the PM mate, just ask and if I know I will point you in the right direction.

I am on my second NSX at the moment, a 1994 JDM NSX-R.

My name is Ary, but I sign AR as my signature.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
24-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Keith,

Have a look here http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1467 for photo's of Ary's Type R. You'll also notice that as a JDM car and early R it has a non airbag s/wheel, so I'm guessing the choice is yours.

HTH

Paul

brettwood
24-12-2006, 02:45 AM
paul
i clicked on your link below but theres no photos of ARYs car
keith

Keith,

Have a look here http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1467 for photo's of Ary's Type R. You'll also notice that as a JDM car and early R it has a non airbag s/wheel, so I'm guessing the choice is yours.

HTH

Paul

mutley
24-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Give them a few secs to load up, I clicked the link and got the pics no probs.

Jim

AR
24-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Keith,

You'll also notice that as a JDM car and early R it has a non airbag s/wheel

Paul

Paul the SRS Airbag was optional, the UK homologated has them probably out of some need to meet a requirement of sorts. If you notice markc's type S also has the SRS aibags.

Keith I think that non SRS makes a difference as the car IMHO looks more sporty, but that is just me. Choose the wheel wisely, or it could look too ricey. MOMO tuner 350 MM is a fine choice IMO.

Cheers,

AR

mutley
24-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Hmmmm,

How about one of these??

http://www.farringdoninstruments.co.uk/SWIS10/swis10.html

Jim

brettwood
24-12-2006, 12:00 PM
jim
this link http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1467
only brings up a thread on here but theres no pics
keith

Give them a few secs to load up, I clicked the link and got the pics no probs.

Jim

mutley
24-12-2006, 06:23 PM
HI Keith,

That's weird because when I click on the link the pics appear in the thread!
I just tried again and still works for me.

Jim

brettwood
24-12-2006, 10:11 PM
AR
what happens to the cruise control buttons when you change the steering wheel for a aftermarket ?
keith

Paul the SRS Airbag was optional, the UK homologated has them probably out of some need to meet a requirement of sorts. If you notice markc's type S also has the SRS aibags.

Keith I think that non SRS makes a difference as the car IMHO looks more sporty, but that is just me. Choose the wheel wisely, or it could look too ricey. MOMO tuner 350 MM is a fine choice IMO.

Cheers,

AR

AR
24-12-2006, 10:49 PM
AR
what happens to the cruise control buttons when you change the steering wheel for a aftermarket ?
keith

Keith mine does not have Cruise Control from the factory, but on a regular NSX you have to either get a wheel with extra buttons ( like some sparco ones ) and used them, or get a plate with the buttons on it. Option B is you loose it. Frankly I do not miss it, but I don't travel very long distances in the NSX-R.

You will need to rewire it, but it looks like an easy task.

Cheers,

AR

brettwood
26-12-2006, 12:58 PM
thanx AR
if i cant sort the buttons onto my new wheel i'll just do without
best wishes for the new year
keith

Keith mine does not have Cruise Control from the factory, but on a regular NSX you have to either get a wheel with extra buttons ( like some sparco ones ) and used them, or get a plate with the buttons on it. Option B is you loose it. Frankly I do not miss it, but I don't travel very long distances in the NSX-R.

You will need to rewire it, but it looks like an easy task.

Cheers,

AR

AR
26-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Keith,

I do not miss the Cruise Control one bit, in fact I can't remember using mine on the other NSX even when travelling more than 2 hours at night on clear roads.

Cheers and a Happy New year to you too,

AR

jaytip
26-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Keith,
travelling more than 2 hours at night on clear roads.

AR
Ary thats the LAST place and time that you would want to use it ;) :D

brettwood
26-12-2006, 02:44 PM
jim
i found the pictures. you didnt mention that there was 2 pages to that thread.
keith

HI Keith,

That's weird because when I click on the link the pics appear in the thread!
I just tried again and still works for me.

Jim