PDA

View Full Version : nsx-r

scandinavian flick
16-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Can somebody help? I ve looked at the yank resource on the site regarding models & spec. In an ideal world I'd like the very latest NSX-r but as my funds can't reach that high, I'm thinking of the JDM R's. There is a guy near me in cardiff who has an "R" with the red stitched dash & all... very nice. The one below did it ever happen? & how many of the last Type R where officially brought in to the uk? Is It One?

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/nsx-r_logo.gif
NOTE: This is not a second generation NSX Type-R, rather Honda's second Type-R for the first generation NSX. However, almost everything that differentiated the original NSX-R from the standard NSX has changed with this new version, so it seems appropriate to class it as a separate NSX model. As with the original NSX-R, it is unlikely many of these changes will ever make it to the US, though the headlights will probably be here soon.

NOTE: At this point Honda is still referring to the car as a prototype.

The new NSX Type-R debuted in October, 2001 at the Tokyo Motor Show.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/typer2-details.jpg
The key concept guiding the development of the new NSX-R is "evolution and strength". As the first to benefit from Honda?s greatest achievements on the racing circuit, the NSX could almost be called the original TYPE R, and Honda has once again boosted its sporting spirit. A major factor in the NSX?s premium handling and performance is the lightweight aluminum body, and for the new model carbon fiber and other ultra lightweight materials have been used wherever possible for even lower weight. In addition, the revised craftsman-built interior further accentuates NSX-R?s sports credentials.
Major equipment: ? Carbon fiber hood air outlets ? Carbon fiber rear spoiler ? Carbon fiber engine compartment cover ? MOMO genuine leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel ? RECARO carbon fiber Aramid bucket seats ? Type R dedicated 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels ? 215/40ZR-17 low profile tires (front), 255/40ZR-17 low profile tires (rear)
Specifications: ? Overall length/width/height: 4430mm/1810mm/1160mm ? Wheelbase: 2530mm

Cheers....

JM

Teg Owner

AR
16-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Can somebody help? I ve looked at the yank resource on the site regarding models & spec. In an ideal world I'd like the very latest NSX-r but as my funds can't reach that high, I'm thinking of the JDM R's. There is a guy near me in cardiff who has an "R" with the red stitched dash & all... very nice. The one below did it ever happen? & how many of the last Type R where officially brought in to the uk? Is It One?

Cheers....

JM

Teg Owner

Hi mate, I think the NSX-R in Cardiff must be mine. I only know of two in the country, the other one was bought recently at a bargain price ( around £ 25K ) by a car enthusiast and he is restoring it to it's former glory.

With regards to the "prototype" it did get into production with some slight changes. Only 200 made for JDM and one in the UK ( homologated ) as far as I know.

Hope that helps, btw where did you spotted me? I am always out and about in the NSX-R.

Cheers,

AR

scandinavian flick
16-12-2006, 10:54 PM
AR.. It would be great to have a good look at your car if poss as I need Knowledge, Before I start spendin? I'm up the road just past Talbot Green. So I'm 10-30 mins from you depending on traffic. There is a jjap meet Saturday 30th December 10.30 - 2.00 at the Star, Llansoy (near Chepstow). If you're up for It. Cheers anyway.

(hay being in Cardiff, did you know Steve @ Ryland, not just a salesman, a good guy, into his cars. He had a yellow NSX at one time! (If you did know him & didn't Know He has since gone.. Lovely guy.)

AR
16-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi mate, I am busy on that day, maybe on the new year.

If you want and NSX-R you'll be lucky to find a good one in Japan and bring it over for less than £ 35-40 K for NA1 and at least £ 65 K for NA2.

A regular NSX is a fantastic car and with a few upgrades can be made into an NSX-R and even faster with FI. The Sky is the limit, or the gearbox :).

Cheers,

AR

BTW I did not know your mate, but I think I saw his car at Willimas for sale, if it is that one it is still on this board.