PDA

View Full Version : Seen These?

NSXGB
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
These look like very good value:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/hatch_struts/

simonprelude
13-12-2006, 12:59 PM
They look pretty good and a good price.

Thankfully mine seem fine at the moment.

gsuds
14-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Does seem good, I'll email them for shipping quote as mine are shot.

simonprelude
14-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Any chance you could ask about a group buy price, mine are fine at the moment, but I believe they tend to just 'fail'.

NSXGB
14-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm in the process of making an order with SOS, shipping was about $30 for a pair of these and a couple of other small parts. I can add a few more on to my order if anyone wants, or I don't mind being the guinea pig to try them out first.

gsuds
15-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I can add a few more on to my order if anyone wants, or I don't mind being the guinea pig to try them out first.

Would you mind bunging an extra pair in for me? {NO DOUBLE ENTENDRE INTENDED - NB. PAPA / TQO :rolleyes: }

Let me know exact cost & I'll do you a bank transfer or cheque.

Cheers,

Graham

NSXGB
15-12-2006, 08:20 PM
gsuds, I have added another pair onto the order. Will let you know the exact price when I get it myself.

Papalazarou
17-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Can I have some too? I am deadly serious. Really, honestly.

Thanks,

James.

NSXGB
19-12-2006, 09:39 AM
James, I'll email and add another set....

Papalazarou
19-12-2006, 09:16 PM
James, I'll email and add another set....

thanks,

Cheers, James.:p

NSXGB
28-12-2006, 06:10 PM
gsuds and papa, just to keep you up to date, SOS are intending to ship these on 01/01/07, apologies, but they have been waiting for stock...

gsuds
28-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Don't worry, no rush mate.

Let me know costs as soon as you can so I can square up.

Cheers,

Graham

Papalazarou
28-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Don't worry, no rush mate.

Let me know costs as soon as you can so I can square up.

Cheers,

Graham

Same for me, no rush.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Fitted these now, very nice.

A few things to watch out for.

You have to 'extend' the wiring to allow the hatch to open further. No problem as they supply the parts. The instructions look like they say by 5", but upon closer inspection it says .5" ...I'm glad I never pulled it too hard....
The three screws you have to undo for the plastic cover that shields the wiring.....make sure you have the correct pozi drive screwdriver (No.2 from memory). These were very tight on mine and they are a very fine machine thread, easily stripped. Maybe lube with some WD40 first.
Put a towel over your engine cover to protect it. When I unbolted the bottom plate it had grease on it (?) which kindly transferred itself to the fabric on the engine cover.
Get yourself a wooden prop or someone to help you hold the glass hatch up when fitting to make your life easier.

Hope that helps anyone else fitting them. Should take less than half an hour but will depend if you have any trouble removing the three screws on the electrical cover.