PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this one?

NSXGB
06-12-2006, 11:24 PM
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.asp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&agerange=&mileage=&miles=1500&postcode=kt206eu&start=9&distance=112&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200649260432874

Hi,

Has anyone had a look at this one in the flesh? Just been dropped in price a bit and has been for sale for maybe a couple of months.

Bit of a drive for me but I may take ride up there and have a look on sat or sun if the weather is fine....

Any info appreciated.

Senninha
06-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Simon,

A good mate of mine lives a few miles from this dealer. I could ask to have a look if this helps. He's been associated with the motor trade for many years so could give a view that might save you a potentially wasted journey.

Let me know if this of interest and I'll put a call into him 2mrow.

regards

Paul

NSXGB
07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I would really appreciate that if he has the time and is passing.

It could save me a 250 mile + round trip....

Many thanks.

Senninha
07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Simon,

The car will be viewed Friday morning for you. As an aside, the dealer has a very good reputation locally for quality of vehicles and aftersales.

regards

Paul

TheQuietOne
07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Simon,

The car will be viewed Friday morning for you. As an aside, the dealer has a very good reputation locally for quality of vehicles and aftersales.

regards

Paul

I got my NSX from Granthan Honda, not bad at all, the usual thing though of knowing more than them. In general not a bad experience. One thing, if he is still there don't let Brent take you out for a test drive!!

I think Ritchie (sportyking) got his from there too - or at least had a look at a few there from memory.

HTH, Matt.

WhyOne?
07-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I think Ritchie (sportyking) got his from there too - or at least had a look at a few there from memory.

HTH, Matt.

That is correct - Y1 came from Grantham - the sales invoice shows that Ritchie took delivery 1 year ago last Tuesday!

NSXGB
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Simon,

regards

Paul

Many thanks Paul, I will log on later today or tomorrow am to see....

All the best,

Senninha
08-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Simon,

Car was viewed today. It was out on test drive when my mate went to view as there has been some interest this week. The car has not had a full prep, yet is described as very clean, straight inside and out. Has minor kerb mark to one alloy but no other noticeable marks inside or out.

Sounds as though it's a good one. I would of thought you could get them to prep the alloy in the deal as well as extending the Honda warranty. They clearly need to move the car on as its been in stock a while. Most dealers will work to a 90 day finance stocking plan so as this day approaches they will be keen to off-load £35k+ of stock.

Good Luck and hope its what you're looking for.

Let us know how you get on.

regards

Paul

NSXGB
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Many thanks Paul and your friend. I am going to try to go to see it today...

NSXGB
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM
....oh well, phoned before I left & it was sold yesterday.

This one is a lot further away, but has anyone seen this one? It's also been for sale a while.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?page=1&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&agerange=&mileage=&miles=1500&postcode=kt206eu&ukcarsearch_full.x=59&ukcarsearch_full.y=10

Senninha
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
HI Simon,

Sorry you missed out. I'm not sure which one you are looking at? The IOP should be a minter and I know the dealership having bought from them before. IMO the IOP looks better on the later models than the earlier ones (sorry to the other Simon :) ).

However, I would have to look at the Silverstone because I think the colour is such a good fit for the NSX, plus it is one of the last 12.

Good luck

Paul

TheQuietOne
10-12-2006, 12:39 AM
....oh well, phoned before I left & it was sold yesterday.

This one is a lot further away, but has anyone seen this one? It's also been for sale a while.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?page=1&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&agerange=&mileage=&miles=1500&postcode=kt206eu&ukcarsearch_full.x=59&ukcarsearch_full.y=10

Hi,

Simon (simonprelude) and I went to see this and run some figures on it, as far as we can tell it is spot on, only 1,500 miles or so on the clock if I remember correctly (without following the link). The sales guy there is a little less than dynamic. I only work about 20mins away from this one if you need anything checking out before you make the trip up from London.

It is beeeeaaaauuutiful - just needs a black roof IMHO!

Cheers, Matt.

Senninha
10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
It is beeeeaaaauuutiful - just needs a black roof IMHO! Cheers, Matt.

Dont do it!!!! Definately leave it IOP on the later models. I'd still look at the Silverstone aswell before deciding.

Matt, now you mention it thats exactly how I remember the sales guy as well :roll:

regards

Paul

TheQuietOne
10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Dont do it!!!! Definately leave it IOP on the later models. I'd still look at the Silverstone aswell before deciding.

Matt, now you mention it thats exactly how I remember the sales guy as well :roll:

regards

Paul

Just proves my theory about taste....thanks!

;)

Senninha
10-12-2006, 01:05 AM
....and when day you too will be blessed with some ;) :lol:

TheQuietOne
10-12-2006, 01:12 AM
....and when day you too will be blessed with some ;) :lol:

yas I yope tat one dey I wull be oble to spelt like u two if I is werry luckie...;)

NSXGB
10-12-2006, 11:46 AM
....sorry, it wasn't the IOP or the Silverstone, it was the 9000 mile LBB which is now on page 1 in the link at Westgate Honda. I'm sure with 9k on the clock is should be a goodun but you never know....

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&agerange=&mileage=&miles=1&postcode=DN31+2SY+&ukcarsearch_full.x=46&ukcarsearch_full.y=12

Senninha
11-12-2006, 12:02 AM
yas I yope tat one dey I wull be oble to spelt like u two if I is werry luckie...;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Got me bang to rights Matt!!! Absolutely cracked me up!!

Sorry Simon, we've gone slightly off at a tangent having a bit fun here! As you say, 9k miles and from a Honda dealer should give you confidence. If you go try and arrange before hand that they can put it up in the air for you to have look underneath as this IMO is the easiest way to check for a straight one. Because the NSX is so low the front x-member often take a knock or two and these are often replaced.

Apart from that, all the obvious things like documentation and full set of tools/keys and ensure you get an extended Honda warranty as part of your deal.

For me the LBB is the Best regular colour on the 02+ models

Good luck

Paul

NSXGB
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
The other one is sold now too.

simonprelude
12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
To you :) maybe :D ??

Senninha
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Well??? Is it you???

NSXGB
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
.....unfortunately not....!

I think I'd better be quicker off the mark next time. Maybe selling mine first would also help, but I really don't want to be without it!

Does anyone know what the approximate trade in value of a '93 manual with 83k would be? My local Honda dealer was only able to value down to a '97 at £18k.

TheQuietOne
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Seems like a sellers market for an 02+ LBB then! Good luck with the hunt Simon, I'm sure we'll all keep our eyes peeled for you now we know what you're after!

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks,
I'd consider a LBB or silver first, maybe Simonprelude can give me an idea what my chances of getting one are in 02 to 04? Seems like the LBB was the most popular colour then?
Would really like the Silverstone but I can't justify the extra cash.

simonprelude
13-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Well on 02+ cars a third of them seem to be Red, a third Blue, then the rest split between the other colours (Silver, White, Yellow, Orange and Black)

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 08:49 PM
....forgot black, would definately like a black one...

Senninha
13-12-2006, 10:00 PM
....forgot black, would definately like a black one...

Until the last 12 were delivered I hadn't seen a facelifted Black ..... SimonP, any idea how many there might be??

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 10:59 PM
....black has now gone to the top of my list!

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Is the Silverstone one in the background the one for sale at the moment?

simonprelude
13-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Apart from that one, I don't know of any :(

Until the last 12 were delivered I hadn't seen a facelifted Black ..... SimonP, any idea how many there might be??

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Is that number plate legal?

NSXGB
13-12-2006, 11:18 PM
....just found another pic of the ones at BAR, the silverstone one in the pic has a different plate to the one for sale, I thought there was only one silverstone?

NSX 2000
13-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Is that number plate legal?

I think you'll find its Isle of man or channel island number plate, and they have slightly different rules.

simonprelude
13-12-2006, 11:27 PM
There are RA55UCR and RA55XCX both are 'Silver' however as far as I know, both are different shades of Silver, possibly Sebring Silver (or what the UK standard Silver colour is) and Silverstone mettalic.

....just found another pic of the ones at BAR, the silverstone one in the pic has a different plate to the one for sale, I thought there was only one silverstone?