PDA

View Full Version : Bno is dead

blue5
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I have nothing to say at this time

simonprelude
02-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Gutted for you, I knew the number plate rang a bell but couldn't remember where from.

I bet you almost wish you never sold it, not a good way to see what you used to cherish :(

WhyOne?
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh crickey - very sorry to hear this (and even feel a little guilty for not buying BNO......it was a fantastically well cared for car).

AR
02-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Sad to hear it, one less good one about.

AR

Senninha
03-12-2006, 11:06 AM
I didn't initially link the car and past owners as its now in the midlands. Having seen this car its sad to see another good one gone!

Has anyone heard from Dan/Jenny to know that they are ok??

blue5
03-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I spoke to Dan to see if he was ok. He said he and his friend had to go to hospital with whiplash even thought the impact was only at 25mph. Jenny wasnt in the car. Said he was ok now.

Apparently it had been raining hard and he had had a few oversteer moments during his trip, got to a roundabout, lost the rear again steered into it to correct and the front washed out and off he went until a lamppost stopped him.

I had phoned him a few days after his accident and completely unaware of it, to warm him about NSX's and wet roads, i remember him saying "yes i know what you mean" but as he said when i called him yesterday he couldnt face telling me.

I am just glad he was ok, i wouldnt want that to happen to anbody but he is such a nice bloke i feel for him.

He told me he got a quote to repair it and the parts alone came to £27k!!! so the ad on ebay is perhaps a little optomistic but good luck to them whoever they are.

Thanks for you comments chaps, i wish i hadnt sold it, so does SWMBO who has reminded me of this for most of last night and this morning but one has to move on

Talking of which after 2 months of ownership i am going to sell my Type 49 lotus elise,
DAN are you out there?

Senninha
03-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanx for the update

regards

Paul

Papalazarou
03-12-2006, 07:57 PM
That is seriously sad.

Cheers,

James.

trackdemon
04-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear that, this sentance is a little worrying:

"it had been raining.... had a few oversteer moments during his trip.... lost the rear again .... off he went until a lamppost stopped him"

NSX is a great handling car but IMO needs respect in the wet - not a car to try and drift sideways everywhere, its just not the cars forte. Tough way to learn a harsh lesson :(

brettwood
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I have nothing to say at this time

HI.
AM I RIGHT THAT YOU WERE THE LAST OWNER OF THE SILVER NSX N656BNO ?
IM KEITH,
IVE JUST BOUGHT THE CAR FROM A SALVAGE DEALER. I HEARD YOU SPUN OFF THE ROAD IN THE WET & HIT A LAMP POST AT 25MPH. WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE FRONT BUMPER & DRIVERS H/LIGHT POD HAD BEEN REMOVED. DID YOU TAKE THESE OFF ?
ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY HANDBOOKS ETC OR THE INSTALATION CERTIFICATE FOR THE COBRA ALARM ?
I DONT KNOW HOW THE DEALER KNEW BUT HE SAID THE CAR WAS BOUGHT FROM OSBORNES OF COLCHESTER FOR £22K. I DONT IF THATS TRUE.
IM IN THE PROCESS OF FINDING PARTS FOR THE CAR & HOPE TO HAVE IT ON THE ROAD FOR THE SUMMER.
IF YOU STILL HAVE THE FR, BUMPER CAN YOU LET ME KNOW.
BEST WISHES
KEITH

TheQuietOne
11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
HI.
AM I RIGHT THAT YOU WERE THE LAST OWNER OF THE SILVER NSX N656BNO ?
IM KEITH,
IVE JUST BOUGHT THE CAR FROM A SALVAGE DEALER. I HEARD YOU SPUN OFF THE ROAD IN THE WET & HIT A LAMP POST AT 25MPH. WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE FRONT BUMPER & DRIVERS H/LIGHT POD HAD BEEN REMOVED. DID YOU TAKE THESE OFF ?
ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY HANDBOOKS ETC OR THE INSTALATION CERTIFICATE FOR THE COBRA ALARM ?
I DONT KNOW HOW THE DEALER KNEW BUT HE SAID THE CAR WAS BOUGHT FROM OSBORNES OF COLCHESTER FOR £22K. I DONT IF THATS TRUE.
IM IN THE PROCESS OF FINDING PARTS FOR THE CAR & HOPE TO HAVE IT ON THE ROAD FOR THE SUMMER.
IF YOU STILL HAVE THE FR, BUMPER CAN YOU LET ME KNOW.
BEST WISHES
KEITH

Blue5 was the previous owner to the 'spinner'...therefore I'll answer your questoins for him (I'm sure he won't mind), no!

The chap hasn't posted since the accident, and I'm sure he's gutted and isn't really going to want to talk much about it (I wouldn't).

Cheers, Matt.

blue5
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks Matt,

No is the correct answer:-)

For the record "It wasnt me!" It was the chap i sold it to

Keith I have sent you a PM, and welcome to the forum

Please keep us all informed as to your progress

Carl-1969
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Apologies for the intrusion on this thread gents but Osbornes of Colchester does no longer exist. Lindhill Group now manage the Honda/BMW/Mitsubishi sales and service in Colchester. If any Honda sale took place in September 2006 then a Lindhill headed document would be in hand.

A quick call to Lindhill Honda in Colchester (01206 855 455) would clarify matters for you.

Regards,

Carl.