PDA

View Full Version : Present for OLU and an answer........

simonprelude
13-11-2006, 06:23 PM
First pictures could possibly be the reason why my car has not been handling quite as well as I was used to.
Strange as it has been in the garage recently and only just had an MOT.

OK I received some NSX goodies recently from a friend.

1 of which was a car cover, sligthtly used but fits very well.
I had just ordered one from classic additions but they were OK with me cancelling the order.
£200 saved, bonus.

Just need to work out how to fit the black thing on the front of the car next :)

forumadmin
14-11-2006, 05:23 PM
You know if the inside edge of the tyres wear out much faster than the rest, then you're not cornering fast enough don't you?;)

simonprelude
14-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Sounds about right :)

The car will get a full allignment done next week as I have never been happy with it.

You know if the inside edge of the tyres wear out much faster than the rest, then you're not cornering fast enough don't you?;)

WhyOne?
14-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Loads of q's I'm afraid!

Who is doing the alignment for you......what tyres are you going with......and which set of geo-settings are you having put on?

I am going to try the Goodyear Eagles on Y1, and I am going to reduce the amount of toe on the rears (I know this will reduce ultimate grip, but I hope this will help with tyre wear - Having done some careful measruring and calculating, I am looking at perhaps 3,600 - 4,000 miles from my existing rears (not quite as bad as the 2,500 - 3,000 I feared when I first noticed the rears were getting down last week).

simonprelude
15-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I am still not 100% about the tyres that I will use, so confusing.
Drop tyreman http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=133 a PM on here, I spoke to him last week, very knowledgable on the subject and an NSX owner.

Norton Way Honda will do the allignment and I think I will go with the standard set up for a start.

NSXGB
16-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Who is doing the alignment for you......what tyres are you going with......and which set of geo-settings are you having put on?

Y1....if you are looking for someone more local to do your alignment, I have taken mine to Elite at Mannings Heath a couple of times. They have the correct 4 wheel computer tracking machine.

Hope that helps...

WhyOne?
16-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks Simon(s!)

Good to knowabout Elite in Mannings Heath - I have struggled to fine someone with the right equipment.

AR
27-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Simon did you sorted out the tyre problem in the end? Was the car OK was it the "normal" driving that caused that.

Cheers,

AR