PDA

View Full Version : Evo Shoot

fuzilov
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Taking type-r to evo shoot on 13th nov, will be in next months evo mag,will be up against all the big boys so fingers crossed

trackdemon
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
ECOTY presumably? I guess the idea is to bring back a selection of 'past masters' to give the new lot some context. I hope it cleans up ;)

AR
13-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Good luck mate.

forumadmin
13-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Keep the front of the car taped up if they want to do photos from a car in front.

They don't pay for any damage you know. We know that from previous experience.

Lankstarr
13-11-2006, 06:29 PM
I hope you clean up - the last run by Stig in Top Gear didn't really do her justice as the wet lap times always get compared with dry... looking forward to seeing the results on a level playing field (as long as they don't stick a crap driver in it):D

PS you're not driving are you :lol:

L*

markc
13-11-2006, 07:25 PM
That'll be for the 100th edition of Evo and the test where they're getting together their top 10 "Evo" cars ever, as voted by the readership. Sounds like my vote wasn't in vain :-)

What tyres will the NSX-R be running on this time? Last time they drove the car (Car of the decade, Evo 66) they didn't like it as much as the first time (ECOTY 2002, Evo 51).
OR was it a differant car on each occassion? The later UK registered one (RX53 KTJ) had the airbag steering wheel while the earlier German registered one had the "correct" Momo item?

It's unfair on you as the owner really but the car will need to be at it's absolute best (new tyres, brakes etc) to get the result we all want.

I really do need to get out more :-)

Cheers

Mark

NSX 2000
13-11-2006, 09:45 PM
That'll be for the 100th edition of Evo and the test where they're getting together their top 10 "Evo" cars ever, as voted by the readership. Sounds like my vote wasn't in vain :-)

What tyres will the NSX-R be running on this time? Last time they drove the car (Car of the decade, Evo 66) they didn't like it as much as the first time (ECOTY 2002, Evo 51).
OR was it a differant car on each occassion? The later UK registered one (RX53 KTJ) had the airbag steering wheel while the earlier German registered one had the "correct" Momo item?

It's unfair on you as the owner really but the car will need to be at it's absolute best (new tyres, brakes etc) to get the result we all want.

I really do need to get out more :-)

Cheers

Mark

Mark, your in fine company, in fact I'm so sad I'm going to put you right! EVO 066 is The Greateast Drivers' car (on the front cover) or Greatest Drivers' Car 1994-2004 (on the spine) as I have a very well thumbed copy which I keep by the computer for when I can't get on NSXCB!

markc
13-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Hurrah... I'm not alone :-)

BUT the inside sory is titled "Champions League" and the subtitle on every even numbered page is "evo Car of the Decade 1994-2004".... soooo sad :-)

Just been thumbing through my own copies of both and I think they may well be 2 differant NSX-R's.
The German registered car used in earlier article has white painted headlamp surrounds (inside the covers) while the UK registered car has sliver painted ones. Allied to the Momo steering wheel (German) and airbag one (UK) it possible even probable that they're differant cars.

I think Fuzilov's car has silver surrounds(?) so is more likely to be the later(?) UK registered one?

Cheers

Mark

Martin
14-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I hope the photoshoot went well. What date is the magazine out? Definitely a mag to add to the collection!

Cheers
Martin

markc
14-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi Fuzilov,

Had a thought.... did the NSX-R actually make the top 10 or do they just need it for a photo, perhaps with some others that just missed out?

I assume the top 10 cars would all be put through their paces "back to back" by the Evo test team. This would entail much more than just a photo shoot!

Cheers

Mark

Rob_Fenn
16-11-2006, 10:37 AM
So was this the car tested by Autocar? I think they mentioned it wasn't quite as good as the other NSX-R here which appeared to be JDM spec. I remember them specifcally moaning about the seats and normal road tyres...

Hope the car is in tip top condition and will do NSX owners proud!

markc
16-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Rob,

I think you'll find those comments were made in Evo not Autocar. I guess it could be both though.

Remember all NSX-Rs are JDM spec. The UK registered car has a UK front number plate bracket but both have the JDM rear bumper with import style square reg plates.

Tyres maybe but I can't see how the seats could be differant?

My guess is the first car was "fresher" than the second one, which shows the importance of really/new consumables.

Cheers

Mark

Rob_Fenn
18-11-2006, 11:34 AM
You're memory is better than mine!

The NSX-R comes with RE070 Bridgestones, as were on the first one tested by UK car mags. The laterly tested one had normal NSX tyres. Although the seats were the same, the cushioning was different. Seems petty but they picked up on it...

simonprelude
13-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Well EVO is out and I have got to say the results are quite interesting :)

Of the top 10 though there really is a good variety with only 1 of the surprising me.

Ignoring the exact model (for 1 of them), I have 2 of the examples :D

BUG4LIFE
18-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm guessing you got a Integra as well as well as your NSX Simon?

Yesterday, I bought the car that came 45th in the poll!!! Though will be buying the number 10 car [R34 GTR] or number 6 [though not an R] as my next ride.

The Evo guys loved all the Japanese cars, great read [I so so need to experience the shove of a Veyron before I die!!!].

simonprelude
18-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Yes :) The NSX was votes for normal or R as far as I know.

I'm guessing you got a Integra as well as well as your NSX Simon?

fuzilov
19-12-2006, 09:35 PM
evo shoot as a brilliant experience have pics but cannot post as to high res,gt3 is a beast,F40 brutally quick,had wonderful roads to drive on,amazing weather,line up of ars hard to equal,evo guys are friendly and really nice people,Maclaren drivers favourite car is the nsx-r,he has aquired one as you probably know,he took out nsx-r for a 15 minute blast,and is a genuinly nice man,good to read posiive reviews suprised to see no Lambos.

AR
19-12-2006, 10:57 PM
evo shoot as a brilliant experience have pics but cannot post as to high res,gt3 is a beast,F40 brutally quick,had wonderful roads to drive on,amazing weather,line up of ars hard to equal,evo guys are friendly and really nice people,Maclaren drivers favourite car is the nsx-r,he has aquired one as you probably know,he took out nsx-r for a 15 minute blast,and is a genuinly nice man,good to read posiive reviews suprised to see no Lambos.

Probably because there was not any Lamborghini GT-R or SV-R available. You car looks superb in the pictures.

Cheers,

AR

fuzilov
19-12-2006, 11:51 PM
cheers,how can i post pics which are big?

AR
20-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Open them with MS Paint and reduce the size.

Cheers,

AR

AR
20-12-2006, 12:59 AM
If you want you can e-mail them to me and I will host them.

Cheers,

AR

fuzilov
20-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Middleweights

fuzilov
20-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Road To Nowhere............