PDA

View Full Version : Air Con and Papalazarou

NSX 2000
09-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes there is. I don't advertise on this site because I wanted to separate work from play, but at the same time I'm happy to supply the odd product if it's in demand.

I'm a distributor for Wynn's Porfessional and we supply large quantities of a product called 'Fuel Stabilizer' for many different applications including; motorcycles, marine, classic cars (NSX?), stationary engines etc....

Anyway here's the link; if you want a bottle, PM me and I'll send you one :)

http://mrwynns.com/diesel_fuel.htm

Cheers,

James.

James, hope you don't mind me asking you in public (ie in this form) rather than by a PM, but I think others may also be intrested.

I took the above quote from another thread, after having a look at the attached web link, any way when I cliked on Air con, I saw the AircoMatic II & AircoClean Ultrasonic system. Is this something you do? As I would be very intrested as my air con STINKS! I think the previous owners didn't use the car a lot and bacteria has got in the system.

Thanks and or sorry inadvance
Paul.

rkanaga
10-11-2006, 11:55 AM
You can get some stuff made by Comma oils from Halfords for £11. It is a de-odourising and fungicidal (you have fungi in your system I hope not bacteria!) spray that you set off inside the car with the A/C on and the vents set to recuirculate. It circulates, and cleans and freshens the system. It worked pretty well on my tired peugeot A/C. Although not as good as a proper mechanical clean of all the pipes it seems to do the trick in most cases for not many £££'s. Seems to get rid of the musty smell ok. (PS you may have to ask for it, they don't put it with the airfresheners, but usually near the oils and parts counter for some reason.)

Papalazarou
10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
James, hope you don't mind me asking you in public (ie in this form) rather than by a PM, but I think others may also be intrested.

I took the above quote from another thread, after having a look at the attached web link, any way when I cliked on Air con, I saw the AircoMatic II & AircoClean Ultrasonic system. Is this something you do? As I would be very intrested as my air con STINKS! I think the previous owners didn't use the car a lot and bacteria has got in the system.

Thanks and or sorry inadvance
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I guess I better start by explaining why we get problems with bacteria in A/C units.

The problem starts becaue of the nature of the A/C system.
Warm air enters the evaporator which cools the air using fins. This causes condensation which mostly drains through holes in the box onto the ground. This is particularly noticable in the summer where the A/C system is working harder. (my NSX wets itself chronically!).

However, some of this condensation gets trapped between the cooling fins and may stay there for a while.

The second part of this equation are the contaminants which enter the car and come from a variety of sources, these include; nicotene, insects, colds and viruses, pollen, industrial pollution, things we pick up on our shoes and clothing etc.....

Although the pollen filter will get rid of some of these, perhaps 60-80%, a certain amount will find their way into the evaporator box and get caught in the droplets of condensation trapped between the fins. Some of these will form bacterial growths in the system.

the result is that every time you use the A/C, it will blow bacterial spores and other contaminants into the cockpit and potentially cause; heyfever/cold like symptoms, bad smells and even respiratory discomfort.

The Airco-Matic 2 is a really important product in our range, it works using an ultrasonic plate which vibrates (don't go there Matt) at about 1.7 million times a second and converts a medical grade 'water based' antiseptic solution into a fine vapour of anything down to 1 to 2 microns in particle size.
The machine sits in the footwell of the car and the vapour is sucked through the A/C system.

The aerosols are ok, but they only mask the problem; they do not atomise small enough to get into the whole system, especially if the cabin filter is part of the recirculation circuit.
This problem is amplified if the cabin filter is a 'charcoal' type.
In these cases, the treatment will not even get past the filter.
The important treatment area is obviously the evaporator box, Airco-matic thoroughly treats this area as well as the ducting and the rest of the cabin. Because the particles are so small, it treats the carpet, headlinings and seats also.

the best thing about this product is there are no solvents and it actually works!
We have OEM approvals from BMW, Porsche, Volvo, Audi/VW, peugeot, Daimler-chrysler etc...We also have Honda approval for our earlier product.

Sorry for writing a novel.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, I did a few at JAE this year at a special price, but I'm happy to do it at a meet if anyone's interested.

Nick Graves
10-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry to talk shop, but you seem to be the man for the king as far as my wife's Civic VTi goes;

She got the carpets wet in a flood the other week. I've de-humified & steam cleaned it, but the musty smell has returned in the recent damp air.

Would one of those 'clean bombs' work in that situation?

AR
10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Where is this filter in the NSX and can't we just change it?

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
12-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Where is this filter in the NSX and can't we just change it?

Cheers,

AR

If you mean the cabin/pollen filter, it needs changing at least every other service.
Best case would be every service, but each manufacturer has a different schedule.
The pollen filter however, does not solve the problem of A/C contamination, it just reduces the opportunity for contaminants to get in to the cabin.

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi,

Sorry to talk shop, but you seem to be the man for the king as far as my wife's Civic VTi goes;

She got the carpets wet in a flood the other week. I've de-humified & steam cleaned it, but the musty smell has returned in the recent damp air.

Would one of those 'clean bombs' work in that situation?

Not really, it maight mask the problem for a short period.

Cheers,

James.

AR
12-11-2006, 04:44 PM
If you mean the cabin/pollen filter, it needs changing at least every other service.
Best case would be every service, but each manufacturer has a different schedule.
The pollen filter however, does not solve the problem of A/C contamination, it just reduces the opportunity for contaminants to get in to the cabin.

Cheers,

James.

Where is this filter James?

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
According to Prime and my 1991 service manual, the NSX doesn't seem to be equipped with a cabin/pollen filter. This doesn't mean that later cars weren't fitted with one.
The cabin/pollen filter is normally either; under the bonnet on the top right or in the passengers footwell.

Cheers,

James.

AR
12-11-2006, 05:57 PM
According to Prime and my 1991 service manual, the NSX doesn't seem to be equipped with a cabin/pollen filter. This doesn't mean that later cars weren't fitted with one.
The cabin/pollen filter is normally either; under the bonnet on the top right or in the passengers footwell.

Cheers,

James.

You...and there I was excrutinizing the manual getting ready to rip the AC appart.:D

I will have a better look tomorrow.

Cheers,

AR

Nick Graves
12-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Not really, it maight mask the problem for a short period.

Cheers,

James.

Cheers, James, that's what I feared.

Oh well, just have to strip it & fit a chrome roll cage & racing seats & stuff next year!

I suppose for the full Rice Boy effect I'll have to lose the 160 bhp lump & fit a 1.4 with a fart pipe.