PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal.....

WhyOne?
09-11-2006, 09:01 AM
.......for the climate control fan the 'flutter' on and off?????

I get this withe the a/c switched off and when the fan is on its minimum 'blow' setting and the engine is running at idle rpm. The fan alternates between 'blowing' and 'off' on a regular ~1 second cycle. At any other fan setting and any other engine speed, the fan blows continuously. So, do they 'all do that sir' or is it a quirk of Y1????

Steveycaz
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I've not quite had this symptom, but I do get occasioinal blasts of cold air even when the a/c is set to 'off'. Sometimes I have to turn the a/c on and off again to get the compressors to stop operating.

NSXGB
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
....sounds like your aircon pcb is on it's way out...

WhyOne?
09-11-2006, 09:04 PM
....sounds like your aircon pcb is on it's way out...

Excuse my ignorance - pcb - printed circuit board????

Y1 had a replacemnt a/c compressor and clutch a few months ago, and I wondered whether the 'fluttering' fan was another a/c related malady.

Is this a know symptom of the pcb starting to give up the ghost???

Hey, ho, a trip to the dealers - I assume this would be covered by my Honda Extended warranty?

NSXGB
09-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Excuse my ignorance - pcb - printed circuit board????

Y1 had a replacemnt a/c compressor and clutch a few months ago, and I wondered whether the 'fluttering' fan was another a/c related malady.

Is this a know symptom of the pcb starting to give up the ghost???

Hey, ho, a trip to the dealers - I assume this would be covered by my Honda Extended warranty?

Correct, printed circut board.
The capacitors on the circut board start leaking after x amount of years, causing the climate control to act wierd. Get it fixed under warranty if it is covered, otherwise get someone to replace the capacitors on your board. repalcing the caps will cost you about £40 fitted, a new board from Honda, I believe is over £500!
If you cannot get it fixed under warranty, I have a number of someone in Copthorne (near you if I remember correctly?) who has done two or three for people on here already...

WhyOne?
09-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Brilliant - many thanks Simon.

And if all else fails, Copthorne is very local to me - you have an excellent memory!

NSXGB
09-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Good luck!