PDA

View Full Version : On board with Senna driving an NSX -R round Suzuka on dvd

jk38
28-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I have recently aquired a dvd of three documentaries on Senna.

They are all excellent, and have a great deal of footage I haven't seen before, (and I have a big collection).

One of the documentaries shows Senna on a lap of Suzuka in an NSX-R, and has the camera between the seats, with screen inserts of the pedals and of the clocks.

It shows him familiarising himself with the controls, then lighting up the tyres as he leaves the pits, then it cuts to the on board lap, and then he gives his impressions of the car.

It really is amazing footage, he hangs it out to some tune, and his 'heel and toe' technique has to be seen. He goes into one bend absolutely at 'full chat' , the speedo is bending the needle, and he still gets it round.

You may well have seen it before, I certainly hadn't, so if it is rare, and you want it, I am more than happy to share it with club members.

If you do want to 'borrow it', very long term, I can send disks out, but would ask for a donation to cover my postage costs etc, say a fiver/tenner ? I hope this is reasonable, I don't want to make anything, I am happy for members to have it, I just don't want to be too out of pocket

Let me know, and I'll get them, sorry I mean 'it' ready to send out to you.

trackdemon
28-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Wow, that sounds cool - the greatest driver in the greatest cara. I could host it for a while if its not too large - PM me if you want.

vic
28-07-2004, 09:55 PM
what's the title of this video?

ctrlaltdelboy
29-07-2004, 07:14 AM
sounds good jk

PM me your address and I'll send you a stamped, self addressed jiffy bag with a fiver in it - if anyone else wants to do the same, the 1st class postage cost of a C/0 sized jiffy bag (just big enough to stick a cd case in) containing a single disk in a jewel case is 42p (100g weight)

DamianW
29-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah, sounds good to me ... PM details?

mcibuk
29-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Excellent offer jk38 - please PM details to me and i'll do same with addressed jiffy bag/money etc...

Can't wait - please hurry!

BabyNSX
29-07-2004, 10:13 AM
please email the details to me, i will send the same
thanks
asif@beeb.net

jaytip
29-07-2004, 11:35 AM
and me !! and me !! :D

jk38
29-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I have replied I think to all those who have requested to 'borrow' this dvd so far.

I wanted to wait a week or two to see how many people want to 'borrow' it, and then I get them all 'done' in one hit as soon as possible. The guy who works here, who does this for me, is away now for two weeks anyway.

As soon as he's back he is doing this as a prority - he's even put it in his official jobs book : - )

He will reply to everyone that I've haven't replied to already, giving you our company address where to send your SAE (and any donation you wish to), so if you want one and I haven't replied to you already, post here and he will pm you when he returns.

He will then do the job and the despatch as soon as he gets back, it should only take a couple of hours to do he reckons once we know how many we want.

So, you will all get something in the post in just over 2 weeks if that's ok, it'll be 3 at the absolute most.

He promises that will do it as his first job on his return, it's just clashed with his holiday unfortunately, and I need him to do it in order to sort the region bit out.

Just thought I'd let you know now realistically when to expect them.

Like I said it's a great dvd - I gave over £50 for it, and it's well worth that to me, and I know all Senna/NSX enthusiasts like myself will love it just as much, that's why I wanted to distribute it.

I do hope it's considered ok to request a small donation for postage and to get my man, a few pints for doing it for us as a favour - (he's agreed to do all the replies, the job and the despatch - good lad isn't he?) - most people so far are sending a fiver which is great of them, and I know you will think it well worth it when you see it.

BabyNSX
29-07-2004, 05:34 PM
if you want a resource i can make copies of the dvd for you in the meantime (and remove any copy protection, region encoding etc - if required)

Nick Graves
30-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Gotta be done, really.

PM please!

kowalski
31-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Definitely like to 'borrow' it, Please PM me your details :wink:

NSXGB
01-08-2004, 11:12 AM
...PM for me too, thanks. :)

Highside
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Far be it for me to miss the band-wagon...

...PM for me too please.

Looking forward to seeing the master at work!

Welshman
03-08-2004, 06:48 PM
PM for me too please.

ctrlaltdelboy
04-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Congratulations!

by my count that's 10 'borrowings' of the DVD - if all donations are as suggested that covers the purchase price!

result!

UltraViolet
12-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Am I too late???? I don't visit often..... if not - please include me on the list and I'll send the jiffy and donation too.

Thanks for sharing. Always been my dream car, and to see the main man driving it..... extreme envy of the journalist at the Sunday times who got a passenger ride on track with Senna in the NSX when it first came out.

trackdemon
12-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Am I on the list for this? I'd love to get a copy!

ctrlaltdelboy
12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Am I on the list for this? I'd love to get a copy!
until your last post above, your only other post in this thread said
Wow, that sounds cool - the greatest driver in the greatest cara. I could host it for a while if its not too large - PM me if you want.
so I would guess the answer would have been no you are not on the list.
However in light of your last post, (in particular the 2nd part of it) I think it is safe to assume that jk38 will be putting you on the list as soon as he reads this and that you should get a PM from him with his details as the rest of us have :wink:

nicjwin
13-08-2004, 10:04 PM
a copy for me please

jk38
16-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi

Sorry for the delay - holidays in my NSX all over Europe.

Right my technical dvd man is back as well today, and has begun to 'do his thing'

I have several SAE s already and will get those off tonight.

The people I have PM ed today, I will send yours as soon as I get your SAE.

As ctrlaltdelboy points out there has been enough interest in this to pay my technical man 10 pints of finest ale and for us all to have this dvd for a fiver (including me) which I hope everyone thinks is acceptable.

I had you lot in mind when I paid what I did for this (£50), but as I said if no one had wanted 'to borrow it', I just had to have it anyway - but am glad that we ended up paying the same to have this 'shared' dvd - so thanks

So it will be with you in a day or two, you will enjoy, and I think you'll agree, more than worth a fiver, I certainly haven't seen anything else on film of Senna in the NSX.

I just took my NSX over the Alps, round Monaco, Switzerland, Italy South of France. I have some great photos, and on board video. I can post these on here if anyone is interested?

Right - dvds to see to

Cheers. JK38

DamianW
16-08-2004, 09:46 AM
I have several SAE s already and will get those off tonight.

Hope one is mine - can't wait!

I just took my NSX over the Alps, round Monaco, Switzerland, Italy South of France. I have some great photos, and on board video. I can post these on here if anyone is interested?

Thats what the photo gallery/movie forums are for - go for it! Would love to see them personally.

Welshman
16-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Photos would be good plus a trip report telling us which roads were worth the trip. I've got a ZZR 1200 European owners club meet in Lucerne next September so any tips on the Swiss roads would be appreciated

Any videos would be a bonus.

jk38
17-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Welshman,

I would recommend going to Bormio (Italy) there you have one way Stelvio which has 98 hairpin bends and ultimate views, then the other way you have Gavia with the view over the lake from the top.

My favourite road though, was in the Grenoble area, the Col d'lozard between Gullistre and Briancon it has freash tarmac, the best range of bends and fantastic views, it has some pleasant watering holes too. I did it twice it was that good. Up and down the box, heel and toeing it into those bends - then powering out with the TCS switched off - the best. You will not find better

I also did a lap of Monaco which was great, just for the NSX, Monaco, Senna history, and the waves from the pedestrians.........

I did 3057 miles in total, and the car was faultless.

I will post photos/videos

Check out 'roadmc' website www.roadmc.com I think it is - it has on board video of Alpine routes on bikes - excellent - I think they ask for a small donation, otherwise it's free.

I have despatched some disks this morning - get those SAE's to me and I will turn them around same day

cheers JK38

UltraViolet
20-08-2004, 01:28 PM
No PM.... was I too late? :cry: Or is it like a Yorkie bar - not for girls :wink:

trackdemon
20-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Interesting to here how your trip went..... I'll be setting of for St Paul de Vence (Nr Nice) Saturday week, can't wait! I've driven the road to Briancon before - absolutely superb!
I've been advised to take (time allowing) the the non-autoroute from Troyes to Dijon as its supposed to be awsome, on top of the normal Route Napolean over the alps from Grenoble to Grasse. May try and spend a day exploring the mountain passes in Northern Italy while I'm there.
Oh, and a lap (or 5!) of Monaco is, of course, mandatory!

DamianW
23-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Got mine last week... haven't had time to watch it all, but seen the lap of Suzuka with Senna driving. Wow, just amazing and quite surprising too (e.g. the dramatic throttle use coming out of the hairpin; the amazing car control whilst braking mid-corner). Wish I had a tenth of that driving talent.

Thanks!

Nick Graves
14-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Got mine last week... haven't had time to watch it all, but seen the lap of Suzuka with Senna driving. Wow, just amazing and quite surprising too (e.g. the dramatic throttle use coming out of the hairpin; the amazing car control whilst braking mid-corner). Wish I had a tenth of that driving talent.

Thanks!

I agree with that!

His use of the right foot to unsettle the back end, as well as an almost "full on, hardly off" traction control system is quite unsettling. I shall not try that one in either an NSX or an S2000 (just yet, anyway!)

ctrlaltdelboy
16-09-2004, 12:25 PM
sorry Sam - it's like a Yorkie bar.

go and buy a stick on 'tache and we might let you in on it :wink:

UltraViolet
23-09-2004, 01:45 PM
okay, deep voice enabled and funny beard attached ....... ahem. Could I play too please? :wink:

DamianW
23-09-2004, 02:51 PM
okay, deep voice enabled and funny beard attached ....... ahem. Could I play too please? :wink:

You live near Selby right?

I could do you a copy and you could collect it from my Mums ;)