PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell up and move on ??

simonprelude
31-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, I keep getting these thoughts.
But after seeing this on auto trader the decision keeps getting easier.
What are people thinking, it looks terrible.

This one owner NSX is in fantastic condition through out

With minor tunnig mods by Phase the handling & drivablity is awsome & with the face lift lights,vented bonnet,side skirts & Tom Cat rear wing it looks awsome to!

Red with White type R alloys
Black leather interior
Electric seats
50,000 miles
Face lift lights
Vented bonnet
ABS
Cruise control
Traction controll
Bilstein suspension

http://www.svaimports.com/cars/nsx%20005.jpg

http://www.svaimports.com/cars/nsx%20009.jpg

http://www.svaimports.com/cars/nsx%20007.jpg

http://www.svaimports.com/cars/nsx%20002.jpg

I am half considering buying this car, putting it back to standard and selling the bits, however I don't think it would be financially worth it though.

It makes me sad............

To anyone thinking about buying this car (or even the seller), if you don't like what I have put then, oh well. it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

AR
31-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Simon,

Are you talking about selling your car and buying one of this? Or just converting your car?

Cheers,

AR

gumball
31-10-2006, 11:58 AM
apart from the usual dodgy bumper/bonet panel gap and rear spoiler I think it looks nice.

simonprelude
31-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I am meaning, the more cars like this bring the whole NSX image down, the less I want to be a part of it.

Apart from the fact the work looks pretty bad in those pictures, I don't like the thing anyway.

Must just be me having a bad day, but I DON'T LIKE IT.

Before anyone says anything about my Prelude, I don't particularly like that either.

TheQuietOne
31-10-2006, 01:36 PM
OK so a Murcialargo with an England flag on the roof and viper stripes is much better....................you win :p.

NSX's like the above are in the absolute minority, maybe 1 or 2 % in the UK I would guess, and the majority of us(you included I think) just want to love and preserve them in the 'out of the factory' state or as close as we can justify when it comes to parts. Those who do go down the modification route in my opinion do it with a purpose in mind, and on the whole extremely tastefully.

Maybe you are just having a bad day...truth is if you hadn't posted all those pics I bet most of us would have never even seen that abomination (IMHO) in our whole lives...now how is that bringig down the tone?

Go shoot some pool and cheer up...I can be down in an hour or two to help :D

simonprelude
31-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Well you know you are welcome.

Go shoot some pool and cheer up...I can be down in an hour or two to help :D

jaytip
31-10-2006, 01:47 PM
The only really bad thing(IMO) is the huge rear spoiler.Granted the bonnet fit could have been a bit better,but just take a look on prime and then compere some of thoses monstrosities(sp?) to the photos above and it makes the above one seem almost normal.

TheQuietOne
31-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Well you know you are welcome.
You never take the bait do you.... ;-)

AR
31-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Looks like they used the Tracy sports bumper. The price is not bad, for the parts, but it seems that importers found the best way to sell an old NSX:

1) buy a clapped out 1991 NSX ( probably a crashed one too )

2) put bodykit on with big wing

3) Call it special

AR
31-10-2006, 02:54 PM
What is wrong with the engine comparment picture?

Steveycaz
31-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I think its great to see some heavily 'chavved up' NSX's. don't get me wrong; its not for me, but it is interesting to see what other's do to their cars. It must be notable otherwise it wouldn't have been posted!?! It would only be a shame if, in years to come, the only NSX's still around are the heavily modded ones :( !

jaytip
31-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I could be wrong but i'n guessing that the majority of people that don't like it,also prefer the pop up lights??

AR
31-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Is missing the rear strut bar. If it was done properly it would not look that bad, but the wing is not the best of the big wings and will only look good on a tracked car or a show car, that looks like neither. The front bumper looks like one of the cheap one piece jobs. No H Emblem, horrible side skirts. If this are the things we can see imagine the rest.

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
31-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Were they standard on NA1 ??
Just wondering as I don't have one on my car.

Is missing the rear strut bar.

AR
31-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Standard until the car was reinforced for the targa in 1995 AFAIK, I think that all 1997 and up coupes except the NSX-R did not have them, not sure about the S.

Cheers,

AR

Kevin
31-10-2006, 09:12 PM
This isn't the first time, when someone has posted that it's time to move out of NSX ownership when they seem to get chavved up. I think the old post went along the lines of 'You know when its time to move on, when things have moved down the food chain too far'. Some cars like Ferraris and Porsches, don't seem to get this treatment. Sure they get played with, but usually with factory parts or performance upgrades.

So does this mean my car is chavved up?

What I don't understand is this whole 'show car' thing? I don't see the competition. To me it's not a car contest, but a contest in spending money, as the competitors don't usually do any of the work themselves. Buy a car, give it to a bodyshop, with a chequebook. What's the point? These cars are meant to look like race cars, except that real race cars are actually quite tatty things.

Hence why my home made parts, make my car more of a real race car than any of these show ponies.:D

simonprelude
31-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I think the difference is you make something for a reason, if it doesn't work you change it.

As some have said, it looks possible to be a car that has had an 'incident' and worked out better to add a face lift front end.

I don't like it...............

Will it make me sell up, definately not. But I don't have to like it.

However, seeing Amo's video and some of the Japanese videos I like them, but not this one.

Hence why my home made parts, make my car more of a real race car than any of these show ponies.:D

AR
31-10-2006, 11:32 PM
the wing is not the best of the big wings and will only look good on a tracked car

Kevin,

Yours is in this category, I enjoyed reading about how you made different bucks and "track tested" them to find the best one.

Cheers,

AR

Nick Graves
01-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Perhaps the whole demographic is changing as the car ages - happened on S2Ki, & there are now some very dubious rice cars out there.

I'm sure that as the NSX gets cheaper, its will inevitably attract some undesirable owners too!

Actually, that hilarious spoiler on a spoiler, in conjunction with the paint colour reminds me of Der Rote Baron in his Fokker DR1. You can make up your own jokes in this case...

TheQuietOne
01-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Still at £20K for a decent '91 example the NSX isn't cheap. £13K for a couple of years old S2K is more understandable that youngsters, such as myself, are getting hold of them...

Seems to me the demographic isn't that much the culprit here - I have for example only upgraded the headlights and the aerial on mine and am 26, whereas Senninha (Paul) has done loads to his and I would guess he's at least 30! Maybe we are all just a bit more puritanical about the NSX than the odd Ferrari 360 with Footballer 19's or a Murci with viper stripes - as we appreciate the NSX as the special, historical car it really is...

Food for thought anyway, nice to have a decent thread on here with opinions and no angst...

Papalazarou
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
It could be worse, it could be covered in £20K's worth of overpriced carbon fibre!?'#

Cheers,

James.

P.s, gold wheels and colour coded seats do not constitute 'chav'. (just in case anyone was tempted to go there).

TheQuietOne
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
James,

LMFAO - good to have your input at last mate...:D

Of course it's the creaky, leaking roof that constitues 'chav' you're right...and before you start yes, I am joking.

Matt.

P.S. Are we still good to go 'halves' on those CF wing-mirrors, and share them, 6 months of the year each on the car each...?

Papalazarou
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, the carbon fibre wing mirrors every second weekend. The headlight covers alternate months.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, isn't there a law about cloning someone elses Avatar?

TheQuietOne
01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
And that carbon boot lid you promised me for Christmas...biannually?

:D

The Anti-Papa

Papalazarou
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Wo there Matt, I'm not sure if I can stretch to the CF boot lid?!! Why don't we just settle for the 'carbon fibre carbon fibre bit'?

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
With reference to the car in question I am firmly in the same camp as Simon and can say that I dont like this style of tuning/modification as I feel it does little for the NSX.

It could be worse, it could be covered in £20K's worth of overpriced carbon fibre!?

What's wrong with CF? On the right car/colour it looks great and if its good enough for Lambo and Pagini its good enough for me :cool:

P.s, gold wheels and colour coded seats do not constitute 'chav'

We've already established its not Chav, simply Pimp My Ride ;)

Senninha (Paul) has done loads to his and I would guess he's at least 30!

I always said you was a real decent bloke!! Have I really done loads to my NSX? Exhaust's are now fairly common, the other changes are nearly all OEM, ie NSX-R components that mainly are out of sight but enhance the driving of the car to my liking. Most noticeable change would be the latest OEM rims, albeit they're not in factory silver, they are finished in a Honda colour.

As I've said before, these cars are owned by individuals and all are free to play as they see fit. Where possible, all the mods I've made are fully reversible should that day arrive when S2 needs to find a new home. That way any future owner can have the option to enjoy a standard NSX-T or a subtley modified version.

Regards

Paul

TheQuietOne
01-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Paul,

OK not loads, but on the scale where my 2 'mods' is none or few (one being the smartenna which barely bloody works) your albeit mostly OEM upgrades are relatively loads (millions in fact) :p.

Nothing is wrong with CF, we're just messing about as we have a similarly stupid sense of humor.:D

Apart from that I stand by my assertion, if only to keep the retorts coming....;)

TQO

P.S. Paul, you can't hide your anger behind a :cool: either come on you can do better than that, ames is asking for it...

Papalazarou
01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I love the carbon fibre really, we were just sending-up the unecessaryly high price of it.

But Matt's right I do deserve most of what I get.

Cheers,

James.

DamianW
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Carbon fibre is fine when its used for a purpose, e.g. lightweight panels.

Has to be said that most of the aftermarket carbon fibre is crap.

Papalazarou
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Carbon fibre is fine when its used for a purpose, e.g. lightweight panels.

I'm with you baby!! start the revolution!!

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM

How very true. I'm all in favour of supporting lower prices for CF but according to SoS and others, the raw materials are in short supply so price reductions are unlikely. That said, there's nothing wrong in asking for discounts or shopping carefully here and on Prime.

AR
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Good CF parts are expensive as they charge you for the quality of the work, not the materials. Saying that everything NSX is more expensive than it should be.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Saying that everything NSX is more expensive than it should be.

Cheers,

AR
Aint that the truth :(

TheQuietOne
02-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Aint that the truth :(

Agreed...........!