PDA

View Full Version : Sub-woofer - alternative to Bose?

kevinpsw
30-10-2006, 04:57 PM
My car has no Bose sub-woofer. In fact, it has no Bose anything. Whilst I have some adequate aftermarket door and centre speakers, the previous owner stripped out the bass unit he had installed to replace the Bose one. I therefore have just a space behind the carpet in the footwell.

I have seen the (very expensive) Science of Speed option (probably only fits LHD) but wonder if there is a cheaper RHD alternative. I have a half decent DAB receiver in place and it has a non amplified line output for a subwoofer.

Has anyone out their found an aftermarket sub-woofer that suits the NSX? If so, how and where did you fit it?

gsuds
31-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Not sure about the NSX specifically, but in my MX5 I had a Clarion active sub, very slim, behind the passenger seat. I imagine that might also fit the NSX; considering trying it myself as I too have only aftermarket setup.

Graham

jaytip
31-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Not sure about the NSX specifically, but in my MX5 I had a Clarion active sub, very slim, behind the passenger seat. I imagine that might also fit the NSX; considering trying it myself as I too have only aftermarket setup.

Graham
This has been done to my car with,i think,a genesis amp,not too sure though.If you like Kev i will take a photo of it tomorrow and post it.

kevinpsw
01-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Please do post some photos and any tales of the installation process that might be helpful. I will have a look on the Clarion site to see what they have by way of slim line subwoofers.

Accelera Comigo
01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
A missing Bose 'subwoofer' is a blessing. It had a diameter of around 4" and sat in a plastic chocolate box thing and didn't work. It needs to come out to make way for an amp. I was offered some very bassy door speakers, I think 9x6" Kenwoods that sounded great in the shop - not sure if they fit though.

AC