PDA

View Full Version : why do people do this ?

sorepaws
26-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Parked up outside a Pub on Tuesday and this is what some "nice" people did to my car - nothing of value was taken and they didnt it appears try and steal it.

Not sure how much it will cost to repair but looks like a new door and glass at a minimum.

Its only a Honda ! why do B*****ds have to do this ?

ps if the pictures don't appear can someone tell me how to upload them ?

Lankstarr
26-10-2006, 09:59 AM
that is horrible -= makes me feel sick and angry:evil: :evil: .

Some amatuure crackhead has gotten holdd of a screwdriver and that's what you get.

Sorry for you, hope it's not too£££ to fix

L*

AR
26-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Sory for your pain mate. I wish we knew who it was and we could reeducate them. They broke into one of my Amazons to tryto steal the radio last year I was fuming.

Where was this?

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
26-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Sorry to see that mate.Mine was stolen last year so i know exactly how you are feeling :mad:

TheQuietOne
26-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Very sad...hope it can be sorted without too much extra pain. Makes me feel sick to look at it:(.

Paul G
26-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Sorry to see what some mindless idiots have done. I have to agree with AR, sometimes a little re education is the only method that works. I had kids throw an egg at mine and where the shell hit the car so hard it has left an inprint on the door. over a year later I have now got a name of one of the "kids" who will get a visit.

Sorry about my moan, but I guess it's just to let you know how p###d off we get when through not fault off your own, you end up having to spend a small fortune to get your car back to normal.

Maybe worth droping Dirk a mail, I'm sure I saw that he had a few Red doors available.

Hope you get sorted soon

Cheers

PG

AR
26-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry to see that mate.Mine was stolen last year so i know exactly how you are feeling :mad:

Ivor was it ever found?

What alarm did you have?

I guess is another side effect of living in South Wales were we seem to have an overpopulation of thieving dope using chavs.

Cheers,

AR

Nick Graves
26-10-2006, 12:03 PM
It makes my blood boil, and it isn't even my car!

There's so much of it about, thanks to soppy-liberal society.

I hope you get it sorted OK.

simonprelude
26-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Gutted for you.

It "might" be cheaper getting a door from Dirk than your excess (or even ebay, some parts on there at the moment) however we all know how many different red shades there are so it might not be that simple.

Senninha
26-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Very sorry to hear about and see what some mindless ************* (you know what I'm thinking) has done. Re-education is a very pleasant term.

Hope Dirk can help and your P&J is soon back to full beauty without you incurring too many ££££.

Even more proof that spending money on 'safety cameras' at the expense of Patrol cars and Bobbie's on the beat is not making society a safer, nicer place to live!!!!!:mad:

Lankstarr
26-10-2006, 01:01 PM
It "might" be cheaper getting a door from Dirk than your excess (or even ebay, some parts on there at the moment) however we all know how many different red shades there are so it might not be that simple.

Don't forget it will push up your premiums for the next 5 years (even if you have your no claims protected) so all things considered probably would be cheaper to get another door and have it blended in to your colour.

AR
26-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Even more proof that spending money on 'safety cameras' at the expense of Patrol cars and Bobbie's on the beat is not making society a safer, nicer place to live!!!!!:mad:

Well said!

jaytip
26-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Ivor was it ever found?

What alarm did you have?

I guess is another side effect of living in South Wales were we seem to have an overpopulation of thieving dope using chavs.

Cheers,

AR
Not as far as i'm aware,which is a real shame because it had sooo many parts on it that i could have put on my new one.:(
This is my new NSX's home.It's not quite finished yet,still have to do facia boards and paint it.
P.S sorry for the thread hijack:oops:

mutley
26-10-2006, 04:27 PM
There is not a lot I can add to this thread that hasn't already been said. It is terrible that society has been so watered down these days that criminals and little Sh**s like these can get away with so much. They no longer hold any fear from the boys in blue. As a Warrant Card holder myself, I'd certainly turn a blind eye to anyone "re-educating" anyone that has done any damage to their car. The way I see it, it would only be worth them doing it for you to catch them in the act and issuing a little retribution.

Jim

TheQuietOne
26-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Don't forget it will push up your premiums for the next 5 years (even if you have your no claims protected) so all things considered probably would be cheaper to get another door and have it blended in to your colour.

Ever the analist mate - oh sorry I mean analyst...you know I'm no good a spelling. ;)

Lankstarr
27-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Not as far as i'm aware,which is a real shame because it had sooo many parts on it that i could have put on my new one.:(
This is my new NSX's home.It's not quite finished yet,still have to do facia boards and paint it.
P.S sorry for the thread hijack:oops:

Maybe you could start a ne wthread detailling the extras you had on it and we can see if anyone has come across it in their hunt for an nsx... it wasn't orange was it:shock:

L*

TheQuietOne
27-10-2006, 09:30 AM
It was dark purple (resprayed) if I remember correctly, don't worry Lankstarr you're not in a stolen vehicle ;)...

Not a bad idea listing the bits...

Nick Graves
27-10-2006, 11:01 AM
There is not a lot I can add to this thread that hasn't already been said. It is terrible that society has been so watered down these days that criminals and little Sh**s like these can get away with so much. They no longer hold any fear from the boys in blue. As a Warrant Card holder myself, I'd certainly turn a blind eye to anyone "re-educating" anyone that has done any damage to their car. The way I see it, it would only be worth them doing it for you to catch them in the act and issuing a little retribution.

Jim

Despite coffee, my brain is still unable to grasp quite how we got to the stage where the yobs are no longer scared of plod, who would get crucified if he gave 'em a slap.

...and they wonder why petty crime's on the increase.

That commonsense & reason is being relaced by stupidity & superstition is hurting my brain.

simonprelude
27-10-2006, 11:07 AM
It's a sad state of affairs that we live in at the moment.

Look at tax, taxed at source, taxed on purchases, then look at the future ideas for council tax, you will be taxed on improving your house.

The prisons are full, the courts can't deal with the criminals even when they do turn up.

The Police daren't do anything for fear of not 100% crossing the t's and dotting the i's.
Even when they do 100% then it's still only there word against the criminals who get off with a warning.

So no wonder someone will break into an expensive car that could well have a wallet / stereo / credit cards / laptop / house keys in it. :(

Paul
27-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Gutted for you ... just soooo damned annoying ... I've had previous cars broken in to and or damaged for no good reason other than ... from what I can make out ... for the hell of it, or cos they can ... :evil: ... :evil:

The people that do things like that are ... imbeciles ... its not often that I feel the need to call anyone an imbecile … but in this case its most apt.

Like everyon ehere ... I hope you can get it fixed and not have to spend too many ££££s to restore its glory.

:evil: ... :evil:

sorepaws
27-10-2006, 01:42 PM
First thank you to everyone for the support - it was done outside the Cowherd Pub Southampton - parked infront of the pub and well lite.

Plod wasn't interested in even looking at the car and I as I had a 120 mile drive home I was in no mood to argue.

Its an interesting experience and not one I wish to repeat - once again thank you for the moral support and Im looking forward to getting it back - btw does anyone know if this is likely to affect the resale value ?

Mike

Paul
27-10-2006, 02:36 PM
... ... ...
... ... ... btw does anyone know if this is likely to affect the resale value ?
... ... ... Mike, I suspect that if you have the paperwork/jobsheets/receipts for the work carried out to put it back to its proper condition it won't affect the resale value very much, if at all.
I think its only when repairs are carried out and are either obvious to the buyer ... because they've not been done a first rate repair and you can't give them a satisfactory explanation ... or you can't produce a suitable paper trail for any work that you tell them about.
If I was looking at a car, the above would be true for me. Although obviously other people may think differently.
HTH

Paul
27-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Gutted for you ... just soooo damned annoying ... I've had previous cars broken in to and or damaged for no good reason other than ... from what I can make out ... for the hell of it, or cos they can ... :evil: ... :evil:

The people that do things like that are ... imbeciles ... its not often that I feel the need to call anyone an imbecile … but in this case its most apt.

Like everyon ehere ... I hope you can get it fixed and not have to spend too many ££££s to restore its glory.

:evil: ... :evil:Another word has sprung to mind to describe those responsible for commiting such acts ... and that is ... moronic.

Harsh maybe ... but equally as apt as imbecile ... imho.