PDA

View Full Version : ace cafe *** night

amo
23-10-2006, 08:02 PM
is any1 going to ace cafe *** night on the 7th hope to be there

thx amo

simonprelude
24-10-2006, 07:15 AM
I'll probably go if I know someone else is going and the rain isn't too bad.

Steveycaz
24-10-2006, 08:02 AM
is any1 going to ace cafe *** night on the 7th hope to be there

thx amo

where is it and what is it (I'm assuming the '***' is short for Japanese?:confused: )?

simonprelude
24-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Ace cafe *** night, first Tuesday of each month. (Hmm j a p gets auto corrected to ***, interesting)

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

Expect to see anything from mega bucks show cars to standard rust buckets with some max power in the middle. Selling it well aren't I :)

Be careful where you park though, there has been known to be accidents on the road outside due to excessive speed, doughnuts, burnouts etc.

Turn up early, get a good parking spot, if it starts to turn into one of those nights, leave.
My Ace motto anyway.

Nick Graves
24-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for explaining that, Simon - I was trying to think of a far worse 'night' than that!

Assnight up the Ace was the best I could come up with - there aren't many three-letter words.

It just shows what a load of old ball locks censorship is!

Except that it makes 'S****horpe' even funnier!

forumadmin
24-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I see we're having fun with the censorship. Actually there's quite a few words you can get away with, ie bollocks.

Yes I did stop the shortened form of Japanese. Some US people find it offensive as do I. If you too lazy to type 'Japanese' then don't bother typing at all.

The old forum used to convert a banned word to another, so no-one noticed before. This one doesn't, it just does a *** thing.

Papalazarou
24-10-2006, 06:55 PM
You think that's offensive, try this!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72239&highlight=asian

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
25-10-2006, 09:39 AM
:rofl:

What a great thread!

I like the way a cartoon (imaginary by definition) descends into a slanging match of eugenic opthmology & grammatic pedantry.

CBA to read it to the end - did they debate whether the Giant Panda's eyesight is actually poor or good and Kim Il-Jong (no bloody sense of humour) got cross & shot one off?

Nick Graves
25-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I see we're having fun with the censorship. Actually there's quite a few words you can get away with, ie bollocks.

Yes I did stop the shortened form of Japanese. Some US people find it offensive as do I. If you too lazy to type 'Japanese' then don't bother typing at all.

The old forum used to convert a banned word to another, so no-one noticed before. This one doesn't, it just does a *** thing.

I guess it's just fortunate then, that companies such as JapSpares, Japparts UK, etc don't deal with many NSXs! And J A P engines are no longer made.

Then again, even the term 'asian' has a slightly different meaning in the US, and the acronym 'western-oriental gentlemen', originally intended to clarify, only became more offensive still.

Still, we must be careful not to cause offence in the US; after all, they cannot even say, "Honda NSX" without cocking it up completely!

duncan
25-10-2006, 11:42 AM
And there's me thinking, J A P, just another porsche.

amo
25-10-2006, 02:00 PM
hi u lot never mind all that
so who's going to j a p night then

thx amo