PDA

View Full Version : ECOTEK CB-26P Valve

mutley
22-10-2006, 04:06 PM
HI all, I'm at work at the mo and have nothing much to do so I am browsing the ol' car tuning mags. Everywhere you look this ecotek valve pops up. Out of curiosity I bought one and fitted it to my beemer, and to be truthfull I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything apart from looking pretty in my engine bay and making a funny wee noise.

OK to cut a long story short (ish), Has anyone fitted these to their NSX?? (Apparently anything over 2.5L needs 2 in series). Or heard anything about them?

Signed
A Curious Jim!

simonprelude
22-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't do it !!

mutley
22-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Cheers Simon, as I mentioned I did in my BM and I can't say I noticed anything different. I wasn't going to fit them to the NSX, I was just curious to see if anyone else have any experiences with them.

Paul
22-10-2006, 08:23 PM
What are these valve meant to do then ... :?:

mutley
22-10-2006, 09:27 PM
They are suposed to cause a swirl in the air going into the manifold and this is meant to give you a more efficient burn, better fuel economy and a wee bit more power, less carbon build up etc etc. Everywhere you read about them they seem to be wonderful, but as I said earlier, I put one in my BM and can't really say I have noticed any difference. (apart from my wallet being £40 lighter)

Nick Graves
23-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I top up the S2000 with snake oil - makes it as fast as an NSX!