PDA

View Full Version : Newbie posting

jbarryd777
22-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Hello, Newbie calling !

I have had my 1992 NSX since 1994 when I purchased it from John Cooper.
It is one of the original set-up cars, manual of course, and completely original on 25K miles.
I love it.
I race other stuff, so don't get to drive it as much as I would like.

JBarryD

AR
22-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Nice car, sometimes one overlooks how nice the original unmodded NSX is.

Cheers,

AR

jbarryd777
22-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks, I like 'em that way.

Basic Newbie question ... please do not flame ... how to add an avatar ?

Thanks

JBD

AR
22-10-2006, 01:19 PM
From the FAQ:

How do I get a picture under my username?These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

If the administrator has provided a set of avatars, and avatars are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

For more information about avatars, click here (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/misc.php?do=showavatars).

Steveycaz
22-10-2006, 03:39 PM
This could be embarrassing - I have been trying to add an avatar for weeks but still cannot figure it out.

Steve. CEng CITP (Chartered IT Professional):oops:

Paul
22-10-2006, 08:18 PM
This could be embarrassing - I have been trying to add an avatar for weeks but still cannot figure it out.

Steve. CEng CITP (Chartered IT Professional):oops: I've got a funny feeling it's currently not possible to add ... or change ... your avatar ... I was going to post a step by step process here ... but without an obvious method of changing my existing avatar ... or a way to submit one for a new account ... I thought I'd leave it alone and let Kevin tell us how it's currently done!

Steveycaz
23-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Great news - that it's not just me I mean - I was about ready to join the local Hospice for the Hard of Thinking!

sorry newbie - you can have your thread back now! Great car - I've got a Red '91 all original myself. It's great until you have to find tyres for the front 15" wheels!

nsx_vtec
23-10-2006, 12:15 PM
nice looking Motor matey.

jbarryd777
23-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the kind comments.
I have not had difficulties getting tyres.
Bob at Amalagamated Tyres - High Wycombe has always come up trumps.
Nice to know that many cars are nice and original still....
Unlike the poor old 300 ZX's which have nearly all been Chavved-up something rotten.
J Barry D.

Kevin
24-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I've got a funny feeling it's currently not possible to add ... or change ... your avatar ... I was going to post a step by step process here ... but without an obvious method of changing my existing avatar ... or a way to submit one for a new account ... I thought I'd leave it alone and let Kevin tell us how it's currently done!

At risk at going off topic here....

I have just successfully changed mine. I went to the 'User CP' option in the blue menu that is near the top of the forum page.

Then selected the 'Edit Avatar' link, chose the custom avatar button, and browsed a picture and uploaded. I made sure the picture was at 80x80 pixels before uploading.

Are the buttons not enabled for you guys? Or are you having probs with the upload itself?

Steveycaz
24-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks Kevin - I only get the following when I go to UserCP / Edit Avatar:

jbarryd777
24-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Me too.

JBD

jbarryd777
24-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Haha. The wonders of modern science.
Its amazing what the site owner and a set of jump leads will achieve !

Thanks

JBarryD

forumadmin
24-10-2006, 06:14 PM
What about now? I haven't found anything specific which is causing the problem, but I have made one change.