PDA

View Full Version : Honda Dealers- Parts waiting times

mutley
19-10-2006, 04:00 PM
HI All,

Can anyone tell me how long they usually have to wait for parts. Last week I went to a Honda Dealer and ordered a Clutch release bearing and 2 driveshaft/Diff oil seals. I was told they would be here on the folowing Wednesday (Yesterday) but I'm still waiting!

Is this the norm when ordering parts?

Sorry for moaning guys but these 3 parts are the only thing stopping me geting back on the road and it's as frustataing as hell.

Cheers
Jim

Lankstarr
19-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I waited four days for a door reflector, a bit of a different part but I'd have thought they all come from the same place(?) I was only told a day so I suppose this was a bit of a wait.

Don't want to scare you but I had to wait nearly a month for my second screen as it had to come from Japan - Honda ship all their parts by boat and I think it goes to a central location in Europe first. If your parts are out of stock in the UK and Europe you might be in for a bit of a wait, shouldn't be long now though if they just have to get them from Europe.

If they are in stock in the UK then I don't know what they are playing at - they probably would have told you when you ordered where the part was coming from if not the UK.

L*

AR
19-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I wanted an air filter for my old NSX and it apparently they needed a week to get it and it was coming from Europe.

Cheers,

AR

Edited to add that this was a year ago I no longer need the part.

simonprelude
19-10-2006, 04:52 PM
The problem with NSX parts is that not many are kept in the UK.

The requests then have to be escalated to Honda Europe (Belgium) who also don't carry many NSX parts, then they check all the small warehouses in Europe.

Then onto Honda Japan, which is usually a 4-6 week shipping time.

Usually you will be lucky, however some of the parts I am trying to order are currently on back order with no ETA :(

Senninha
19-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Just a thought guys, but if theres a number of 'odd' parts needed, has anyone tried contacting either Dirk, Detlef or Mark at Dali for a parcel of parts? I know there would be a shipping cost but as all 3 now post here on NSXCB they may be helpful and you could split the costs.

rsevo6
20-10-2006, 08:38 AM
If the parts have to come from Japan, another possibility if you need the parts fast is to contact a Acura dealer in the US.
In the US parts are usually either "off the shelf" or next day delivery and much cheaper than here in the Europe.
Even incl shipping (if parts are not too big) it will probably cost you less than in the UK and if they have the parts, you can have them as soon as the next day!

mutley
20-10-2006, 10:05 AM
It's not just me then! The waiting time isn't a problem, I just get annoyed when they said the parts would be here on Wednesday and still no sign. If he had told me that they may have to get them form further afield than the UK, that would have been ok. Well that'll teach me to be impatient!

a still slightly disgruntled Jim