PDA

View Full Version : exocticwrecks.com

blue5
15-10-2006, 09:09 AM
I just stumbled upon this site there are about a hundred or more pictures of damaged NSXs and i noticed a few UK cars there as well!

Sorry that should be www.exoticwrecks.com

Kevin
15-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I thought it was www.wreckedexotics.com (http://www.wreckedexotics.com) ?

blue5
15-10-2006, 11:43 AM
You are right.

But i have food poisioning and am not with it. I even missed the track day at bedford yesterday!

My friend said there was an nsx present, it arrived on a trailer, was that you?

Kevin
15-10-2006, 03:46 PM
No, not me. I don't trailer my car, Darren does, but I don't know of anyone else that does.

Rob_Fenn
16-10-2006, 10:30 AM
That was ours! Plans Motorsport trailered it up there for us.

Great day (apart from early fog). Sorry you didn't make it.

blue5
16-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Rob,

So am i!!

I hear from my friend that you had a few spins, who was driving?

Perhaps iu will meet you next time

Senninha
16-10-2006, 07:12 PM
With nothing in the diary I took S2 out for a good drive through the Essex and Cambridgeshire country side and had a play with a few TVR's that were enjoying the dry weather.

Wish I'd known about the track day as I'd have come along for a nose and maybe a play.

Can someone post when there's another one organised please?

regards

Rob_Fenn
17-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Don't suppose your friend was called John Blue5? He emailed my dad some pics.

My dad spun once, i spun twice! I also outbreaked myself twice! I think my dad took top honours as he actually managed to get grass inside the car :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/bed1.jpg

Rob_Fenn
17-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Wish I'd known about the track day as I'd have come along for a nose and maybe a play.

Can someone post when there's another one organised please?

regards

Hi Mate,

Get your arse down to Bedford on Nov 17th.

blue5
17-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Rob,

I am indeed impressed, grass on the inside,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My friend was in the red tvr 350i wedge running in his fresh yokohamas, he said your car looked excellent from many angles! I think one of you spun near him on one occasion.

He wanted to buy my NSX but couldnt justify the cost even buy lying.

I am hoping to attend the next available track day in november, just be my luck that it rains all day, will you be attending?

Tom

Senninha
17-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Mate,

Get your arse down to Bedford on Nov 17th.

Hi Rob,

Is this at the Palmersport venue?

regards

Paul

Rob_Fenn
17-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes, Bedford is King Palmers paradise. As mentioned, it's not Nov 7th but the 17th (sorry!) on the West circuit which i believe is 3/4 of the full thing we did on Saturday. It is with Autocar so plenty of cars to try out.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=2328

Plans Motorsport will be bringing the car again so it will be a chance for people to check them out if they are looking for servicing alternatives or trackday mods.

It would be good to see some other owners as we've only seen one other. Plus it's a chance to watch my drving in awe ;)

Can't say i remember a red TVR, i did spin after overtaking a black one though...but i did pass him again by the end of the lap. Hero!

Rob_Fenn
17-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Actually thinking about it i was envisiging a red modern TVR, but there was definetly an old red TVR. I'm a bit slow...

Senninha
17-10-2006, 04:27 PM
HI Rob,

I've driven the West Circuit a few times (before and since the changes to the Bank complex) having spent a few days on corporate events.
If I remember correctly there's 3 or 4 key areas to a good lap time, namely the first hairpin, hooking the kerb at the top of the circuit, the line into Bank (especially since they changed it) and the esses near the end as this gives you good speed onto the main straight.
I dont know what the good times are around there these days but I did post low 83's in the Clio Cup and and high 84's in the ITR DC2 (on the shorter track) to pick up the corporate trophies :D

Thanx for the link but it appears to be fully booked so if I can make it, it would be to spectate or catch a passenger 'demo' lap or two from yourself maybe?

Rob_Fenn
17-10-2006, 05:42 PM
That's shame, feel free to tag along though yeah.

Should be timing (secretly!) on the circuit, but on the full circuit we managed to get under 3 mins. I have nothing to compare that to other than we were as quick as some Manthey tuned Porsche GT3RS's on sticky tyres. We were on road tyres (Toyo T1S). On the Avon barely legals i'd hope to lap considerably quicker.

The first hairpin was a bit of a battle on OEM suspension, but in it's present state it's just neutral...just goes round. Such a different car now! Would recommend Nitrons to anyone...