PDA

View Full Version : cars in a film

amo
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
well not had the car 2 days and its in a film, done first session filming all day on monday in newhaven and got 6 night shoots to do all next 2 weeks its going to be a uk cinima film
opening in leaster sq red carpet.

might be using my car to promote the film and got my self in as an extra

thx amo

Lankstarr
11-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Is it 3 fast 4 furious?

What's it called and what part does your car (and you I suppose!) have to play?

L*

simonprelude
12-10-2006, 07:50 AM
How about trying to arrange for NSX owners to park up in Leicester Squeare for the opening ??

Senninha
12-10-2006, 10:23 AM
How about trying to arrange for NSX owners to park up in Leicester Squeare for the opening ??

With tickets to the premier included of course ;)

Paul
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
With tickets to the premier included of course ;) That'd surely generate a 'large' gathering of NSXs ... maybe we'd even top the two known gatherings of 22 NSXs ... :!: :?: :!:

amo
22-10-2006, 01:34 PM
well im back had a good week filmin got my self in as an extra as well lol
had a word with some of the crew there press ppl will get hold of me when they can to try and sort out a meet for a press shoot.
been told shootin has started for the new top gear series and i might get a invite with the car lol cant wait.

thx amo

Paul
22-10-2006, 02:24 PM
well im back had a good week filmin got my self in as an extra as well lol
had a word with some of the crew there press ppl will get hold of me when they can to try and sort out a meet for a press shoot.
been told shootin has started for the new top gear series and i might get a invite with the car lol cant wait.

thx amo Nice one ... keep us posted ... I think there'll be a few of us going to see a film at the cinema next year ... might even be one with an NSX in ... ;-)

Steveycaz
22-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't believe we're on message 8 and the movie still hasn't got a name :roll:

amo
22-10-2006, 06:45 PM
lol
will keep u posted

about the film its with carnabyentertainment.com

DOLPHINS is the new feature film from award winning Writer/Director MARK JAY. A teenage action romance set in the high octane world of Brighton's custom-car cruisers. Quadrophenia meets West Side Story by way of the Fast and the Furious!

This is a music-driven, suspenseful love story aimed at the largest international cinema-going market; the 15-25 year olds. There are two main target groups in particular. Firstly, the 'Boy Racer'/'Cruising' scene which is one of the fastest growing youth cultures in Britain with over 50,000 Cruisers attending the Max Power Live Events last year; and secondly the Indie Punk scene with its enormous international fan-base.

SYNOPSIS

Brent Black lives on the roughest estate in Brighton where he looks after his alcoholic dad and kid brother. Brent's got an old Ford Capri that he bought for fifty quid and he's spent the last year underneath it, every bit of spare time he can find, tuning, modding, tinkering. And now he's got (unofficially) the fastest, gutsiest Capri in the country. It is because of this that he is the reluctant leader of the coolest Boy Racer gang in Brighton. This is his life. His world.

Then, in one week, at the start of winter, his whole life is suddenly turned on its head. From out of the blue a gang of bling Boy Racers from London come down to Brighton and set a deadly challenge. The status of the Brighton crew hangs in the balance and Brent has got just one week to salvage it all. But this is no ordinary week. Brent’s garage is torched, his car is destroyed and he falls in love with Ophelia James, a beautiful posh punk princess from across the other side of town.

ATTACHMENTS / TALENT

The young cast comprises of the next generation of Brit-flick superstars including KARL DAVIES (former Emmerdale TV star - audience regularly 10m +) in the lead role with character actor FRANK HARPER (Lock Stock, Bend it Like Beckham, Football Factory) playing a supporting lead. Hip Hop superstar ROOTS MANUVA, appears in his first screen role and BORDER CROSSING are composing the soundtrack with FATBOY SLIM'S ‘SKINT RECORDS’ providing some new and classic tunes.

Writer/Director MARK JAY's last film 'You're Gonna Wake up one Morning' won Best Short Film award at New York's prestigious Empire Film Festival, and played in five Academy Award qualifying festivals. As a writer and director Mark has made many films, documentaries and music videos for national and international Broadcasters, through his production company Full On Film Productions.

it is a cheap budget film but got interviewed for the dvd extra

thx amo

simonprelude
22-10-2006, 07:10 PM
So your NSX gets thrashed by a Capri then :lol: :)

amo
22-10-2006, 07:40 PM
lol no mine is 1 of the back groung cars lol
capri v8 supercharged lol

thx amo

QuietJim
23-10-2006, 10:40 PM
There's a very brief piece on Dolphins on Film 2006 this week, including a shot of a red NSX. The programme is repeated on Saturday at 12:55pm, (i.e. lunchtime) on BBC2.

amo
23-10-2006, 10:43 PM
just seen it looked sweet

thx amo

AR
23-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Bloody hell Amo is that the best burnout they could get? :D I got more of a burnout trying to launch the other day LOL.

Cheers,

AR

amo
24-10-2006, 08:53 AM
lol wot burnout lol that was just a drive down the to the other side lol

thx amo

Minch
24-10-2006, 09:35 AM
AMO,

There is a music video being shot it Milton Keynes on the Nov 4th. My friend asked if I wanted to pop along for the day. They want *** cars there for the video. I'm just going along for a drive really as my car is probably a bit too standard to make an impression. If you're interested I can get a few more details. I'd love to see the car in the flesh too!

Nathan

simonprelude
24-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I would love to take my *** car along, *** cars are the best *** *** *** :)

Just had to use the j a p filter as much as possible :)

Yes more details please, now I have stopped being (well started to be a bit less) immature.

amo
24-10-2006, 10:46 AM
AMO,

There is a music video being shot it Milton Keynes on the Nov 4th. My friend asked if I wanted to pop along for the day. They want *** cars there for the video. I'm just going along for a drive really as my car is probably a bit too standard to make an impression. If you're interested I can get a few more details. I'd love to see the car in the flesh too!

Nathan

hi mate ill pm u my number and email im off so would be up for that if u can send me more details
thx amo