PDA

View Full Version : Do we think this is worth the money?

NSX 2000
08-10-2006, 09:51 PM
NSX-R engine cover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because our customer for that unit crashed his NSX, he dont feel able to buy this brandnew engine cover. Bummer.

Very rare stuff, our direct order from japan needed 10 months at last for arriving.
Its original packed into the Honda box.

The price is 2027 Euro + shipment to UK

Or see this thread. http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=556

What do you all reckon?

AR
08-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Is it a good part, no doubt. Is it worth the price?

Only you can answer that.

Cheers

AR

Paul
08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
If you're looking to shed some weight from your NSX ... then maybe it is ... but remember nothing is worth any more than what someone is prepare to pay for it ... not a lot of help I know ... but I think AR hit the nail on the head.

WhyOne?
09-10-2006, 07:43 AM
If you're looking to shed some weight from your NSX ... then maybe it is ...

But surely if weight saving is the prime objective, you just 'loose' the engine cover!

Senninha
09-10-2006, 07:58 AM
But surely if weight saving is the prime objective, you just 'loose' the engine cover!

I agree. just leave the original in the garage, either way you will need to keep your engine bay clean. Maybe spend the money of dressing up the engine bay if you're going to leave it on display.

I know Ritchie used to run his without the cover and apart from a few moisture spots on a spirited run back from the 'Ring, he had no problems.

Regards

AR
09-10-2006, 08:03 AM
I also ran it without cover on my previous one for a while, but do remember that if something gets picked up somehow from the road you could have a very expensive hatch to replace.

Cheers

AR

Procar Specials
09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
thats a good question at last.

Its a lot of money, I know that.
(nevertheless I have sold 5 covers over the last 2 years and 2 more are actually ordered in japan before they are out of production)

Its not the same as removing the old closed engine cover, than cleaning the engine bay and free view all over the engine.

This doesnt look that good and the most guys who did that, changed her mind within short time. (I made the same experience)

The R engine cover is a beautiful part.
The quality and fitment are perfect, thats the difference to all aftermarket engine covers, Another advantage is the lightness, all this makes the difference.

The outside look with that part installed is very complete, it looks perfect and not homemade, even with no shiny or red parts under.

WhyOne?
09-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I agree that it looks to be an object of great beauty and would install one on my car without hesitation.

The only problem for me is the price - and this is in no way a critisism of what you are asking for the cover you are selling - I am sure the quality / rarity of this cover justifies what you are asking, it is just a little more than I have in the 'car kitty' at the moment!!!

Lankstarr
09-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I also ran it without cover on my previous one for a while, but do remember that if something gets picked up somehow from the road you could have a very expensive hatch to replace.

Cheers

AR

If you do want to prevent stuff flying up from the road you could always put a layer of cling film over the engine bay:cool:

WhyOne?
09-10-2006, 11:08 AM
If you do want to prevent stuff flying up from the road you could always put a layer of cling film over the engine bay:cool:

Nice and light