PDA

View Full Version : Ed at Sextons in Southampton - Excellent Service!

Martin
07-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Hello all.

I got a dvd player/alpine monitor installed in my NSX yesterday at Sextons in Southampton.

I was recommended to Ed at Sextons (02380-339396) for this job by Darren (ctrlaltdelboy).

What a brilliant recommendation....thanks very much Darren.

I left there a very happy customer. I found Ed and his team very helpful, friendly and well-priced. I'd actually go to say it was one of the best customer service experiences I've received so far in my 9 years in the UK. Also it was lashing rain in the morning, and he got one of his staff to run me and my partner into town while they were working on the car, saving us getting soaked walking or getting a taxi.

The result...I am delighted. It is completely integrated into the dashboard, looks very stylish and works wonderfully.

I was thinking of getting a freeview tv receiver at the same time, but instead of taking my money, Ed advised me to wait until next year as he said signal is patchy at the moment, but receivers which are coming out next year should be a better investment...so I will wait until then.

Bear in mind I am normally a very fussy customer, but I was gobsmacked by these guys...absolutely A1.

Thanks Ed very much, and thanks very much also to Darren for the tip.

Cheers,
Martin

PS pictures to follow soon.

Paul
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Hello all.

I got a dvd player/alpine monitor installed in my NSX yesterday at Sextons in Southampton.

I was recommended to Ed at Sextons (02380-339396) for this job by Darren (ctrlaltdelboy).

What a brilliant recommendation....thanks very much Darren.

I left there a very happy customer. I found Ed and his team very helpful, friendly and well-priced. I'd actually go to say it was one of the best customer service experiences I've received so far in my 9 years in the UK. Also it was lashing rain in the morning, and he got one of his staff to run me and my partner into town while they were working on the car, saving us getting soaked walking or getting a taxi.

The result...I am delighted. It is completely integrated into the dashboard, looks very stylish and works wonderfully.

I was thinking of getting a freeview tv receiver at the same time, but instead of taking my money, Ed advised me to wait until next year as he said signal is patchy at the moment, but receivers which are coming out next year should be a better investment...so I will wait until then.

Bear in mind I am normally a very fussy customer, but I was gobsmacked by these guys...absolutely A1.

Thanks Ed very much, and thanks very much also to Darren for the tip.

Cheers,
Martin

PS pictures to follow soon. That's great to hear ... word of mouth recommendation ... or in this case possibly word on the web ... is so often the best kind you can get.

It's one of the reasons that I posted on here looking for a bodyshop after I had a meeting with a dithering driver last month.

Needless to say I'll be taking a trip to a couple of those recommended by some of the other users on here.

AR
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I can't say the same for Sextons in Cardiff, nothing with the NSX, I would not let them touch it with a barge pole.

ctrlaltdelboy
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
glad to be of service ;)

I have heard negative comments regarding various other outlets of Sextons, which is a shame as this must have a negative impact to some degree on Ed's business - Sextons in Southampton is completely seperate from the rest of the sextons chain, having been bought by Ed and his partner some years ago and run completely independently ever since.

Lankstarr
09-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Martin,

Looking forward to seeing it tonight:D

L*