PDA

View Full Version : Honda press CD received, HSC & NSX

simonprelude
29-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Just thought I'd post a few pictures from an official Honda press CD I have just received.

Not sure if these photo's have ever hit the public domain, but there is nothing explicitly saying they can't.

simonprelude
29-09-2006, 10:39 AM
A few more (BTW these are all available as hi-res should anyone be interested, for example the one above is 21Meg I think :) )

Senninha
29-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Excellent images and as I think I've said before, I really like the front as you can see how the current cars have eveolved to this new clean look. Side profile to the B pillar also looks good. However, the rear generally doesn't work for me. The lower valance area is good with the venturi and exhaust but the rear quarters and lights just don't flow with the rest of the design.

So almost there Honda, almost.....

Simon, what were the NSX images like, anything new / rare worth posting?

regards

simonprelude
29-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Good question ;)

Simon, what were the NSX images like, anything new / rare worth posting?

Nick Graves
29-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I still feel that waistline should flow up into the rear wing, more like an NSX or Testarossa for greater balance and drama.

The car looks more fully engineered in daylight than I realised it was at the time.

I'm sure there's an S2000 replacement in it somewhere!

blue5
29-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Aha the Honda Elisevette 430.

The edges look very sharp, i wonder i it will date quickly?

Well i suppose id better get my name down now to avoid the rush, i hope i can afford to run one especially if it has a v10 engine.

Still missing my ex NSX.

britlude
29-09-2006, 01:03 PM
front excellent, a natural evolution of the NSX form...
rear... looks like it was crayoned by the same monkey that did the BMW Z4!!!

DamianW
29-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I love the HSC concept. Even the rear end has grown on me, and its good to have a bit of wacky styling on a supercar.

Senninha
29-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Something like this you mean?

darkblueturbo
29-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Those HSC pics look very similar to the HSC car that's in the PS2 game Gran Tourismo 4...

Are these supposedly brand new pics? If so they must just be minor changes...

I think it looks gorgeous - I even like the full on rear view, sorry Senninha, but not the rear three quarters view. It looks squat and out of proportion...
Still - heading in the right direction of the new NSX...!

Paul
29-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh no, that's really put the cat amongst the pigeons :!:

I replied to a post from AR in the thread I started about the Audi R8 saying that I was looking forward to the next supercar from Honda ... and how I might end up in a dilema when details/concepts were released.

I hadn't realised the above images had been posted ... all I'd heard/read previously was (I think) speculation here and there and some sketched drawings.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the HSC wouldn't end up in customers hands till 2008 at the earliest.

The lines are fantastic, clearly heavily influenced by the NSX ... why fix something that isn't broken ... although like others have said above, I'm not sure about the side profile from the B pilar back ... although I think my only gripe (if you can call it that) is the way the rear window slopes steeply down to the engine bay/boot? ... it just doesn't seem to flow quite right.

On the whole I like the rear of the car from the back and even three quarter angles, it's just the side on view of that rear window ... if they could make that flow a bit better it'd be a complete and big thumbs up, although it's still a good sized thumbs up in it's current form.

If it does enter the fray with a high revving potent V10 ... no doubt coupled to an excellent chassis ... then it'll give many of the supercar makers some serious competition ... maybe I'll be trading in the R8 when the HSC hits the dealerships ... or dare I say it the NSX :o

Nice one Honda, now don't keep us waiting too long!

indi pearl
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Just back from a weeks diving in the Red Sea and I see this stunning machine.Is this simply a concept,released for publicity or is this beauty actually going into production at some date to be confirmed.Better be available in yellow!!!!!!!!!!
A confused Indi Pearl

simonprelude
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
These are just some press photo's from 2004 that I recently managed to acquire (in hi-res)

As far as we all know it will not enter production :(

Paul
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
These are just some press photo's from 2004 that I recently managed to acquire (in hi-res)

As far as we all know it will not enter production :( I thought I'd read somewhere ... and I thought it was a bit of information put out by Honda ... that the HSC or another Honda sports car would enter production in 2008 ... with a new V10 engine.

Maybe I was wrong ... but I feel sure I've read it somewhere.

simonprelude
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Something might enter production in 2008 but Honda have said no to the HSC :(

Nick Graves
07-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere ... and I thought it was a bit of information put out by Honda ... that the HSC or another Honda sports car would enter production in 2008 ... with a new V10 engine.

Maybe I was wrong ... but I feel sure I've read it somewhere.

Takeo Fukui said in a speech that he hoped the NSX's successor, due in '09 (possibly as a Honda H60??-Nick) would have a V10.

There has been sooo much speculation/rumour: first it was to have had SH-AWD like the R8 (Audi, not Renault!); then there was a rumour that they'd consulted & gone back to an NSX/HSC style 2WD concept.

There was also a rumour about a front-engined Aston/M6 type coupe, but it seems more likely that that was confused with the 'New Prelude' or even a 'New Legend/Coupe' on a front-mid engined platform.

Like the 'New CRX' 'New Prelude' 'New S2000/sub-NSX sportscar' certain rumours keep popping up via various sources in the car industry, over many years. But we've actually seen nothing yet.

EDIT:

< NSX successor >
We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor.

Fukui-san, July 2005

Paul
07-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Takeo Fukui said in a speech that he hoped the NSX's successor, due in '09 (possibly as a Honda H60??-Nick) would have a V10.
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
EDIT:

< NSX successor >
We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor.

Fukui-san, July 2005 That might have been why I was thinking there would be a new high performance car ... and one that might even become the successor to the NSX.