PDA

View Full Version : Ais - Urgent Help Needed Please

Senninha
21-09-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm in the process of fitting the fender scoop and the original has a control unit that I assume controls a flap to allow more air in under load??

Do I simply block this off / discard / other ??

All help appreciated as the car is in the air and I hoping to go out tonight!!

Regards

Paul

AR
21-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Paul,

Take the vaccum tube and route it back into the engine compartment.
Plug it with a small bolt.
Cable tie it to something.

That is it.

I encountered the same with my old 3.2

Apparently they do not have that part in the US.

Cheers

AR

Senninha
21-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanx Buddy, I'll give it a go

AR
21-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Any luck???

Senninha
21-09-2006, 05:46 PM
HI AR,

Many thanx for the help, all seems ok, ticking over nicely now. Will be going out later so hopefully all will be ok .... will report back later.

Regards

Paul

Senninha
21-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Well after my earlier cry for help I sorted the install of the ProCar AIS, thanx AR, together with the CF fender scoops and CF airbox, thanx to Detlef and ChrisR respectively, and took the car for a run to meet up with Dan (darkblueturbo) over in Woodham.

I have no idea what it has done it terms of power but the performance of the car is transformed!! My guess is that I'm now appreciating the benefits of the exhaust thanx to removing the strangulated standard intake. The engine revs more freely than before and definately pulls stronger and smoothly in the mid range below the vtec.

Add to this the occasional intake growl and I'm a very happy chappy :D

It will now be interesting to see if it actually delivers any result on the rolling road later this month, by which time I will have swapped to the new Shell fuel and reset the ECU.

regards

AR
21-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Add to this the occasional intake growl and I'm a very happy chappy :D

Paul, one of the things I love about my GruppeM Intake is the sound. To paraphrase James, is like a Touring Car!

AR