PDA

View Full Version : My NSX with some expensive friends

banzaicars
20-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Not too often you see the NSX along side such metal. This was taken at the track day at my base at RAF Marham. Incidently the yellow car in the middle is a Porsche Carrera GT.
Had a 20 minute passenger ride in the Enzo which was mind-blowingly quick and had a short drive of the orange Gallardo - never thought the NSX could be made to feel ordinary but then again it didn't cost me 130k! still not too out of place here though is it?

simonprelude
21-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Wow, fabulous metal.

NSX out of place or not, it fits in but certainly looks the poorer cousin amongst the modern offerings :(

Paul
21-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow, fabulous metal.

NSX out of place or not, it fits in but certainly looks the poorer cousin amongst the modern offerings :( Not sure I agree that the NSX would look like the poor cousin in such company ... unless you knew how much each car costs I don't think the NSX would always be picked out as the cheapest motor in such a line up.

Put someone who knows nothing about cars in front of that line up (cover the badges so they can't guess ... even non car enthusiasts might realise the prancing horse symbol is Ferrari ... even non car enthusiasts have probably heard of them!) and I think if you asked them to walk past them and judge them on looks alone from the front end ... you might be surprised at the outcome if you asked a group of people who knew naff all about cars to say which was the cheapest ... letting them round the back to see exhaust pipes might let them guess due to the size of exhaust pipes, after all it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to work out that bigger often means more expensive.

simonprelude
21-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I love the NSX and it's lines, however all the rest seem to be going so much more curvy.

More similar to the Diablo there, rather than the Enzo, GT or Gallardo's.

Come on Honda do us proud with the next NSX, not a stupid AM styled car.

Rob_Fenn
09-10-2006, 08:13 PM
I think the Enzo and Gallardo really hold the torch when it comes to modern car design, they look stunning. The NSX has never been 'perfect' to look at, with some bad proportions but i still love the cab forward jet fighter profile of it.

Nick Graves
24-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the Enzo and Gallardo really hold the torch when it comes to modern car design, they look stunning. The NSX has never been 'perfect' to look at, with some bad proportions but i still love the cab forward jet fighter profile of it.

With a Cx of around 0.30, zero lift and superb yaw stability, plus 270 deg vision, I love the NSX's shape & think most of the others cannot come even close!

jbarryd777
24-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Well I think the NSX is one of the most beautiful road cars ever .... and as a 16 year old design it stands up very well.

....But not as well as the 43 year old GT 40, which is of course
THE GUVNOR !

JBarryD