PDA

View Full Version : rear jack up point

Lankstarr
19-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Could somebody please tell me where to jack up my 98 NSX from the back (ooo errr!!)

I need to get her lifted to fix a rattly heat shield before uit falls off!

I don't have the manuals at the moment:(

Thanks,

Luke

AR
19-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Luke bend down and look for the udside down arrow about a hand ( love this measurements ) from the end of the side skirt. Tou are looking for a square metal rib about the size of a fag.

If you get stuck, give me a bell.

Cheers

AR

Paul
19-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I've got a manual on CD ... one of those nice cheap and chearful jobbies from eBay ... will try and get an image up on here ... or send you something by PM.
Also got a Japanese owners handbook upstairs, could always loan you that if need be.

AR
19-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Here we are courtesy of danoland.com:

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/jack/jack.htm

Cheers

AR

Paul
19-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Luke, I guess AR's link kind of covers things ... but if you still want to borrow my handbook, let me know ... pictures might be useful, but unless you can read Japanese, the text won't be ;-)

AR
19-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I got a manual for him, we just got to meet up when we get a chance!

Lankstarr
19-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys I think I should be fine now I know what I'm looking for:D

This rattling is driving me nuts, it's only a pesky heat shield and I'm half inclined to rip the silly thng off... I'm sure I could save myself a couple of grams and have an extra burger tonight;)

I'm a free man now so should be able to sort something out with you soon Ary, been away for the weekend and the car is looking neglected, just asking for some miles to be put on her ;o)

Thanks agaion

Luke

Lankstarr
19-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Here we are courtesy of danoland.com:

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/jack/jack.htm

Cheers

AR

now that's a useful link!

TheQuietOne
19-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Luke bend down and look for the udside down arrow about a hand ( love this measurements ) from the end of the side skirt. Tou are looking for a square metal rib about the size of a fag.

If you get stuck, give me a bell.

Cheers

AR

What a helpful lot you guys are, very impressive! I can't wait for James to see this thread, he'll have an innuendo field day with it - especially your post above AR - :D!

Lukey, if you need a hand give me a call, and I'll be able to tell you how to make a nice plastic folder or two if that helps ;-).

Cheers, Matt.

Senninha
19-09-2006, 06:08 PM
A useful thread and an extra question .... what if you just want to lift the rear end (there's more innuendo amo for James;) )? Is there a central point to lift both sides together?

regards

AR
19-09-2006, 07:02 PM
A useful thread and an extra question .... what if you just want to lift the rear end (there's more innuendo amo for James;) )? Is there a central point to lift both sides together?

regards

Yes is in between the other two ribs, as good as the chassis is some people with Targas have reported some flexing when lifting it this way. I do not think I would like to lift my coupe that way either.

Hey Matt I am sure James will come up with something funny about that one when he gets back from Holidays.

Cheers

AR