PDA

View Full Version : Molyslip

indi pearl
15-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I have owned The Goddess for three wonderfull months but now the big man upstairs has turned "the winter switch" and her trips out will become fewer and fewer until spring arrives.
The Question;
I have Molyslipped every sports/performance car I have owned in the last 25 years.Done at or after the first 20,000 odd miles then every oil change thereafter.I have never lost a bearing or turbo ( wife uses Izi, the Lotus Izusu Piazza Turbo daily with 108,000 miles clocked on all original parts and engine sounds and operatates as new).I have never had to test the claim of protection after loss of oil/water but the knowledge that the engine is fully "moly plated" has allways been a confidence booster.
The Goddess has 23,000 recorded miles and normally I would be considering her first treatment.Does any member have any comment with regard to molyslipping a VTEC engine, or indeed the tranny as well?

DAVEMAT
15-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I think your better off sliping a Goddess than a Tranny!!!!!

SORRY!!!!!

Kevin
15-09-2006, 04:48 PM
It may do good it may not. You don't know if your Isuzu would be just as good without the treatment, as you don't have another one to compare it to.

There are plenty of NSXs with high miles, and they don't have any problems. I've had other Honda's with 120,000 miles, and they had an oil change if they were lucky, sometimes getting used oil from the NSX! They were fine too.

Nick Graves
16-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I think your better off sliping a Goddess than a Tranny!!!!!

SORRY!!!!!

:rofl:

There is a wisdom that flushing oils/additives etc can really fark up yer VTEC lost motion thingies & sliders.

Since Hondas are generally acknowledged to do interstellar mileages with a kick of the tyres once a year, I'd not worry.

indi pearl
18-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Certainly don't want to mess up the Lost Motion watsit's so no moly for The Goddess, she will just have to make do with plain fully synth!!!!!!!!!1
Thank you all for comment