PDA

View Full Version : The saddest sight

blue5
13-09-2006, 02:37 PM
My baby's tail pipes disappearing into the distance with the new man in her life.

It was a romance that lasted 8 years and 11 months

she never once let me down

I will miss her

The end.

WhyOne?
13-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh blimey!

I know just how you feel Tom - the departure of both my Prelude and S2000 had very similar melancholic effects on me.

Has your good lady forgiven you for this cruel and heartless act yet?!!

Hopefully the car has gone to a similarly good and enthusiastic home - she is a beauty and her condition is a great credit to you.

Anyway, enough of this wallowing in misery, onwards and upwards - what's next????????

Papalazarou
13-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I told you not to do it!!
You'll be searching for another one soon!

All the best,

James.

darkblueturbo
14-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm the new man...

I'd like to post and tell everyone how great my new car is - and how painful it was spending the first hour of ownership in a traffic jam on the A127 when all I wanted to do was drive her, but I fully understand the pain, Tom...

Don't worry she's gone to a good home and she has pride of place parked in the middle of the drive - had the neighours checking her out last night... :-)

Thanks Tom, I'm glad you didn't change your mind... I thought, for a moment, you might...

Senninha
14-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Commiserations and congratulations respectfully.

I wonder if that was the same A127 jam I was in last night??

We must be local so lets arrange a meet soon.

regards

Paul

darkblueturbo
15-09-2006, 07:35 AM
The A127 jam was something to do with a burntout caravan? The police closed off one lane - it's amazing the difference it makes... and there's me always moaning about everyone hogging the outside lane.
It was nice and clean past the accident though, so got to open it up nicely... :-)

Next Thursday the Essex Scooby Crew are having their regular meet at The Lodge, near Woodham. On pistonheads.com they've invited anyone on there to go join them...

As a former member of the ESC myself, it's only fair I should turn up to show off my new toy :-)
Fancy joining us...?

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=299342&f=124&h=0

--
Dan

Senninha
15-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Dan,

I'll have to check the link when I get home (cant access through work firewalls), but should be ok to join you.

regards

Paul

Flinty
15-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I should make it after about 6.30pm.

No longer have the NSX, but will be in the other machine. Hope to see some familiar faces (and nose cones) there.

Cheers

Flinty

Greybloke
15-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey I see a mini NSX meet coming on:p

I'll try to make it, as I shoud be in Chelmsford on Thursday

darkblueturbo
15-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Excellent... The Scooby's won't know what's hit them...! Two NSX's and a CSL.

There's usually about 20 Scoobs there...! Good fun though.

Nice to get a few NSX's together...

darkblueturbo
15-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Now to get back on topic...

The one thing that really got me aboiut the NSX that I wasn't expecting was the HiFi! Superb stuff...
I'm a dodgy Essex boy with a big sub in the boot of the Scooby, as Tom will tell you, so I'm used to lots of bass - but I'm really impressed with the sound.
Just need to get the CD changer - I don't have any tapes so it's just the radio for now.

Mind you, it's off most of the time - the engine sounds too good!! :D:D:D

simonprelude
15-09-2006, 02:18 PM
I might pop down in a CLK then :)

Excellent... The Scooby's won't know what's hit them...! Two NSX's and a CSL.

There's usually about 20 Scoobs there...! Good fun though.

Nice to get a few NSX's together...

Senninha
15-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Simon, you should bring the Prelude, after all, this is Essex and you'll fit right in ;) :lol:

Senninha
21-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Tom,

I'd just thought I'd say that I met with Dan tonight and your 'lady' was looking well cared for and I'm sure will be treated well. I understand why it was such a sad sight for you, she really is a good example.

regards

Paul

blue5
22-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you all for your comiserations and kind words.

I have no doubt that beano has gone to the right home. Dan and Jenny were as excited as i was when they first saw the car and i am positive that it will be pampered and they will enjoy ownership as much as i did.

Thanks for your comment Paul about its condition, i did my best to keep it looking as it does, with my other hobby being restoring rusty Triumphs (hence the user name) i immediately realised that if i kept it "nice" i would never have to restore it!

I am still sad its gone but i would like my wife, who loved the car as much as me, to have the final word:

"It's only a bloody car!, and you can always buy another one"

darkblueturbo
22-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks again Tom...

And nice to meet you Paul - good to see another NSX...! Doesn't happen very often :-)

Nick Graves
22-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh blimey!

I know just how you feel Tom - the departure of both my Prelude and S2000 had very similar melancholic effects on me.

I've got one of each! I don't get emotionally attached to inanimate objects, but you've got me worried now!

Especially since Karen realised she'd have to part with her Civic VTi to get a Scooby & baulked at the idea!

It's becoming obvious we're gonna end up with a drive like Simon Prelude's.

Anyway, congrats on your new purchase, DBT.

blue5
22-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Tom's first law of cars states a driveway is never big enough.

(Actually its the usual quote which includes things about space being inversley proportional to the number of cars owned etc, but i am not feeling clever enough to remember how to say it)

Mine certainly isnt, even having lost Beano i still have to rent 3 lockups!

Can i interest anyone in a nice automatic mercedes a class, or perhaps a triumph herald convertible?

I thought not.

simonprelude
22-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Well I am back up to 5 cars on the drive once again, however only 4 are Honda :(

darkblueturbo
25-09-2006, 12:08 PM
There's only got three on our drive :(

Only one's a Honda - but the other two are still Japanese... :)

No room for any more - we'd need a house with a bigger drive for any more...