PDA

View Full Version : Front lower valance removal?

AR
11-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I am thinking of taking this off to polish it and cover some stone chips, migh even get it respray. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to remove it?

Cheers

AR

rtbm
11-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Eeeerrrrr......un-bolt It With A 10 Mm Scoket And Wrench....if You Drive The Car WithOut The Valence, Remove "threaded Clips" From The Bottom Of The Bumper As They Can Fall Off When The Car Is Moving.

simonprelude
11-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Not sure on JDM cars, but on UK cars with the headlight washers they really need removing if you are to spray the front end.

AR
11-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Eeeerrrrr......un-bolt It With A 10 Mm Scoket And Wrench....if You Drive The Car WithOut The Valence, Remove "threaded Clips" From The Bottom Of The Bumper As They Can Fall Off When The Car Is Moving.

Cheers for the tip, but I am talking about the whole valance, not the front lip.

AR
11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Not sure on JDM cars, but on UK cars with the headlight washers they really need removing if you are to spray the front end.

As far as I know JDM cars do not have them.

Cheers

AR

forumadmin
13-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm fairly sure, but not positive to get the lower half off, you need to take the whole front off. There's some inaccasible bolts that are inside the top half. I actually wanted to take the whole thing off, so didn't really look for a way to just remove the lower.

I could be completely wrong, but I have taken mine off and I think it had to be reassembled before reattaching to the car.

AR
13-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I was looking at the Service Manual on Prime and it seems so. Oh well, it'll have to be a winter project. I might just go and wait until I 02 it.

Cheers

AR

Senninha
13-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I might just go and wait until I 02 it. Cheers AR

Ary, I wondered how long it would be before I saw this from you ;)

AR
13-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Ary, I wondered how long it would be before I saw this from you ;)

So did I, my friend so did I!

Paul
14-09-2006, 05:59 PM
As far as I know JDM cars do not have them. Correct ... I've got a JDM and you may even be able to see in the photo by my posts that there are none of those unsightly black headlight washer bumps ... ;-)

britlude
14-09-2006, 10:18 PM
hurrah for JDM and the aerodynamic advantage of no headlight washers!!!!

OLDMNSX
16-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I have had mine off, but bear with me it's been over a year ago.

The best way to do it is copy the pages off of the maintenance manual found on NSXPrime.com if you don't have a hard copy. If you do much maintenance on your car you really need to invest in one. Even if you don't do the work your self get one to be informed on what the mechanic is going to do. Your knowledge of your car will help to explain any problems that you may have. It may even save you more than what the manuals cost. Check with your local NSX Buddys and see if somebody will loan you theirs. Otherwise this will get you started.

1. Jack up at least the front end, remove both front wheels.
2. First take off the lower lip.
3. Remove both front fender inner liners, give them a bath and trim out the "Slag" in the air vents for the A/C Condenser Coils.
4. Unplug the horn electrical connections
5. Remove the turn signal lenses, (long phillips screwdriver from the bottom)
6. Locate the 2 attachment bolts in the front and the 2 bolts in the wheel well,
7. The front end hangs on two hooks so wont fall off if all the bolts are removed.
8 After removing the front assembly take it apart. I would get a Sharpie and label the brackets and parts that come off for easier re-assembly.

If you want to see what some of this looks like you can go to the Gallery on NSX Prime and go to my pictures, OLDMNSX. I posted all of my maintenance pictures there so far.

9. Have fun working on your car. They are truely a unique animal.

Brad