PDA

View Full Version : Chip on Ebay ... till 18:45 today

Paul
09-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Just been on Ebay ... first time in ages ... and found this ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-SPOON-ECU-CHIP-PR7-honda-vtec-92-95-NSX-C-series-V6_W0QQitemZ320023625814QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32094QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would a JDM '94 to '96 NSX be a C series engine :?:

I have a feeling it will be, but would be nice to know if I'm right before I think of bidding.

Paul
09-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Sorted ... a little digging and once again Wikipedia was able to help out again here :-) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C_engine)

Paul
09-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Got it ... for £35.98 including postage which was the minimum bid required ... so I shouldn't complain too much if any power, or torque, gain is only minimal ... I think I'll leave this till after the rolling road day at the end of this month. But, needless to say I'll be visiting another one after I've had the chip transplant carried out :!:

Now, any suggestions as to where I might get this chip put in ... or is it an easy enough job for someone with no car electrics knowledge and no soldering experience :?:

Would I be best advised seeking anotehr members help on here, or could a member recommend a suitable company who might be prepared to carry out the job for me :?:

If there is a freidnly NSXCBer out there who could carry this out, I'd be mroe than happy to cover the cost of any materials as well as something for your time and help :-D

Kevin
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
I do soldering work, but for the ECU I left it to someone who is going to pay, if it went horribly wrong!

I would take it to the nearest Superchips dealer, and ask them to just put a socket in, and refitting the standard chip.

Then replacing the chip is easy.

Paul
10-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for that Kevin. You've got a good point there, best to have some sort of come back in case of problems ... you never know, even when you're carefull.

I'd best look up Superchips dealers and get phoning.

If, and that's probably IF, I can get it done before the end of the month, maybe I'll be taking the new air box and chip along to get some figures on whether it does give an increase to power and or torque.