PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

Sagacitas
07-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Rumours are that the next NSX is aimed at competing with Aston Martin (well according to AutoCar and some people on NSXPrime).

So assume for a minute that the rumours have a grain of truth in them and that Honda would actually like to compete with Aston Martin.

Now take into account rumours that Ford would like to sell Aston Martin.

Could a possible solution be for Honda to buy Aston Martin?

Like I said - stupid question.

Richard

simonprelude
07-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I suppose that all depends on how much devolpment has already been completed on the Aston beating NSX successor.

Then again, the technology on the Aston is far behind that on the NSX so why would Honda want to go backwards.

Big CC heavy old fashioned engines, or lightweight high revving modern sophisticated engines ??

Then again, if the NSX successor is to be an Aston beater then my money will be going German, however if the NSX successor is what by definition it should be then I think I will be staying Japanese.

gumball
07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
honda like there green image, they didn't want to increase the hp on the new civic R so I think the new NSX may be a high-tec hybrid!?

darkblueturbo
07-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Speaking of stupid questions....

Surely, given where the moniker NSX comes from, it would be anomylous to call the new model an NSX too...
Surely this too is not an eXperiment... It's an Update.

How about NSU?

Sagacitas
07-09-2006, 04:08 PM
all true but Aston do have that nice new factory.

Aston also has a brand image to kill for - or spend a lot of money for.

Honda have a reputation for reliability (something Aston have never had).

I simply think it is an interesting match up where there is very little current overlap.

Not that I think this will ever happen - but I find it interesting to think about.

Oh and as for the NSX replacement being called an NSU - I suspect that people in Nevada would love it (Nevada State University) but a number of other states would see lower than normal sales. :) besides if the rumours are even half true then it seems the next car is not so much a replacement for the NSX as a mid-engine supercar but for the NSX as a 'hey look at what we can do' type of way.

Richard

blue5
07-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I think Clarkson would have a field day if the sucessor was named after a venerial desease!

gsuds
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
NSU?

Surely Honda not going down the rotary route?

Nick Graves
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I sincerely hope that honda have learned that organic growth is the way to do things and that paying over the odds for a defunct brand is for the chairman's vanity at the shareholders' expense.

In other words, do Lexus, not Audi.

That rumour has popped up in Autobore a full year after its rounds in the ether. There have been subsequent rumours that the NSX may be replaced by a true supercar after all.

It is some time since an anonymous question appeared here about what sort of NSX replacement would we like and which received some suitably intelligent answers.

However, since ATTS & SH-AWD variants were fitted to various models (especially Integrae & NSXs!) in the '90s, it's easy to see how these rumours develop out of test mules.

Actually, who cares? The NSX is a classic that cannot be replaced. A modern one would be taller, heavier, uglier and I'd sooner have the old one (like my Prelude!) thanks.