PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Manual NSX 3.0

Steveycaz
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
At last - I can finally justify getting the car I have wanted since my teens! Can anyone help me with finding a manual NSX 3.0? Any advice on where to look besides autotrader, parkers, E&M etc.? I have seen several auto models - I am assuming that this would be a compromise but does anyone else have an opinion?

NSXGB
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Where are you located, what's your budget and what are your colour preferences?

Steveycaz
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm in Hampshire, near Andover. Budget £16k. Colour white or black but not as important as finding a good manual!

kevinpsw
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Pistonheads is an option although, apart from an early auto, when I last looked they only had late (and therefore expensive) cars.

The obvious, Autotrader, E&M and eBay have cars although I haven't seen many 'bargain' priced manuals recently.

I suspect that, at £16k, you will have to compromise in some way. If it must be manual - and I think it should be - then you may have to look high (90k+) mileage, less than immaculate condition (i.e with an imperfect body, needing a clutch soon or no aircon, for example), years 91-92. I don't think there will be any white cars of that age and blacks will be rare. Most will be red or silver.

Bottom line, you will probably need to be patient and travel long distances to find the car you want. I would do as I did, look at 5-6 before buying. I also hoped to spend just £16k but I found that it was worth finding an extra few thousands to not have to compromise too much, although I did not get the colour I really wanted.

I found my car through this site so post your requirements in detail.

Good luck with the search.

AR
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Bottom line, you will probably need to be patient and travel long distances to find the car you want. I would do as I did, look at 5-6 before buying. I also hoped to spend just £16k but I found that it was worth finding an extra few thousands to not have to compromise too much, although I did not get the colour I really wanted.

I looked at lots of cars, before I found my last one, your budget of £ 16K will most likely get you a no so good auto, or a really bad example of a manual.

Make it to £ 20K and you will get a better car.

Good luck in your seach.

AR

simonprelude
05-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Most are Red, there are less Silvers though than Black at that age.

But yes for £16k if it is a bargain then expect something to cost you £££'s in the near future.

But if you do find a bargain well done, they are few and far between.

NSXGB
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Agree with everything posted above. Add another £4-5k to your budget and you will find something I'm sure.

I've been toying with selling mine for a while to fund an '02+ (would keep it as well if I could), but would not let it go for less than £20k. Mines manual, silver/black and '93.

Good luck!

Steveycaz
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys - test drove an auto today - surpised at how good it was. Although for just a few more grand......... My wife's gonna kill me. Simon - let me know if you're serious about selling!

Lankstarr
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Stevey,

If you have not been in a manual and would like to see the difference to an auto I would be happy to take you for a spin... I am in Basingstoke but could give you a shout next time we come down to the Buddah!

L*

NSXGB
12-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying Stevey, have sent you a pm.