PDA

View Full Version : M4 sighting...

megahertz
03-09-2006, 09:10 AM
This may sound rather obsessive but everytime I drive on the motorway, apart from keeping my eyes on the road, I tend to do (quick) periodic glances over to oncoming traffic flow hoping (wishing :P) to sight an NSX!!

And as usual, and as expected, I'd reach my destination and veer off onto the off-slip road...feeling disappointed and empty!! ...yeh, nothing but those regular sightings of about 25 porches, 7 Aston Martins, 4-5 Ferraris, and that one lamborghini...(oh and an entourage of funky minis!)

... this past friday (01/09), I was on my way to Bristol from london (M4), and yes...I finally spotted one!!! It was around 2:30pm just before (or after if it was you!) the Basingstoke exit. I had just passed 2 ferrari's on the hardshoulder (i think 355s and the black one had white smoke seaping out of the engine bay :p). And right after, glanced over to oncoming flow and spotted the red/black Na1.......so whoever you are, and if youre on this forum, you gave me a wide Ronald McDonald grin for the rest of my journey...Thank you!! :D

Ufortunately, apart from spotting the pre-facelift red/black nsx, I also noticed that dreadful telescopic antennae!! So guys, apart from smartenna (which will still extend when listening to radio) are there other options in keeping them down? I remeber in my 01 prelude, the antennae was integrated into the rear window, a design with no need for any extrusions (which in my opinion, makes a car look much cleaner!!) Is this fittment applicable to the nsx???

simonprelude
04-09-2006, 07:34 AM
The easiest other option would be an S2000 aerial which will be my course of action when something actually happens to the NSX one.

But yes my Bristol to London journey yesterday saw the usual array of Porsche, Ferrari and even a rather nice looking Diablo, but alas no NSX's.

Even I had decided to take the S2000.

megahertz
04-09-2006, 04:48 PM
yeh, the s2000 antenna conversion seems to be a popular option. I'd still want to look into the possiblity of integrating antenna into back window. I hope such a fitment is available for the nsx.
I find it strange why honda didnt implement antenna changes in the later models!! perhaps it wasnt worth the costs!

AR
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Ufortunately, apart from spotting the pre-facelift red/black nsx, I also noticed that dreadful telescopic antennae!! So guys, apart from smartenna (which will still extend when listening to radio) are there other options in keeping them down? I remeber in my 01 prelude, the antennae was integrated into the rear window, a design with no need for any extrusions (which in my opinion, makes a car look much cleaner!!) Is this fittment applicable to the nsx???

My car has a button that hwen pressed causes the antenna to go half mast.

Cheers

AR

simonprelude
04-09-2006, 05:21 PM
According to someone that's just messing.

Cheers

AR

Kevin
04-09-2006, 06:10 PM

Cheers

AR

Does that mean that if you saw a 355 expired on the side of the road you would lower it to half mast out of respect?

Senninha
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Does that mean that if you saw a 355 expired on the side of the road you would lower it to half mast out of respect?

Excellent! :lol:

My understanding was the high mast button is standard JDM ....:confused: