PDA

View Full Version : Regional Meetings

Kevin
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I have noticed in the Past Events thread about the Sussex meet a mention of making that a regular meeting.

I am all for the idea of holding regular regional meetings.

Until now we didn't seem to have enough people that are interested in this sort of thing, but maybe now we do.

So what I am looking for is some volunteers that may want to become regional meeting organisers. I don't know how it's based to split up the country into regions, that will largely depend on who comes forward to be organisers.

Then a schedule needs to be sorted. I suggest not too often, maybe every two months, and in the warmer months?

Then I will put together a web page, with the meeting details, and dates, and who the organiser is etc.

charlie:one
01-09-2006, 08:11 PM
hi kevin if there is enough interest in the east anglia region I would try to organise a few meets though the summer, nigel

Papalazarou
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm up for a Somerset/Devon meeting! I though I'd make some NSX's out of cardboard and take them along.

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
04-09-2006, 07:31 AM
If anyone fancies it then we can tag along to the S2000 meet on the first Thurday at the Red Lion, Welwyn Garden City ??

Senninha
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Kevin,

Before the migration you were running the map option which unfortunately I was never able to access.

Is there a way of loading a static version to give an idea of number of owners in areas please?

As for getting something organised, I'm interested for the South East area.

regards

Paul

Kevin
04-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Once I get a few volunteers, then I'll put a map up.

First thing is to get the volunteers.

I would think the best plan would be to hold a few meetings in the warmer months, maybe even only every two months.

Start off small, and maybe they will grow later.

As I don't see all that much enthusiasm with this idea yet, I don't know what the outcome will be.

WhyOne?
04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
In my S2000 days I arranged ad-hoc meets in the Sussex area on a fairly regular basis and like the idea of a 'fixed' meet.

Within the constraints put on me by work (I am out of the country a lot) I would be happy to help out with organising a reglar meet in the Sussex / Surrey area.

AR
04-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I would not mind sorting something out for my area. A few of us performance car enthusiast from Pistonheads meet around the South Wales area a few times a year, and some of us go for a drive and I am sure more NSX will be welcome!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my old car from one of this drives:

http://www.wpce.org/gallery/albums/phswrun/normal_DSC_2191.jpg

Cheers

AR

Lankstarr
06-09-2006, 12:03 PM
that pic must make you sad seeing how lovely your old car looked - It makes me angry thinking that my car should be that colour but the wan**rs sprayed it red to match their ferrari :mad:

I will certainly help to organise meets in the south east but would not like to shoulder the whole burden in case I am away from my pc for any crucial times.