PDA

View Full Version : NSX Paint 'correction'

WhyOne?
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
As most of you know, I became the new owner of Y1 NSX a few weeks ago.

I am a fussy bugger and like a shiny car.

The paintwork on Y1 was quite noticably 'swirled' so after a considerable amount of research, I entrusted my new car (after just 3 days of ownership!!!!) to Clean Image in Chelmsford. (Willy, their visiting expert said that the car had been through mechanical car washes a number of times in the past - these things really are the apparatus of satan!)

The story of my cars paint correction is now documented here.

http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/part-1-honda-nsx-01.htm

Surfice to say, I am delighted with the work they have done and would recommend Clean Image without reservation - they really are a very professional, enthusiastic and knowledgable comany.

simonprelude
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Will they be able to remove scrathches and clear up a slight bit of oxidization ??

TheQuietOne
01-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Would appear so from reading through the article....

WhyOne?
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Will they be able to remove scrathches and clear up a slight bit of oxidization ??

Hi Simon,

I am sure thay would be able to handle the oxidation.

As for the scratches, it all depends on how deep they are. They were unable to totally remove a couple of scratches on Y1, but their apperance has been dramatically reduced.

If you speak to them (Gary is the boss and fellow to speak too initially) please mention my name (no, there is nothing in it for me, I simply said I would recomend them here and on S2ki, I would like them to know I have been true to my word).

Additionally - you may want to consider their special offer -

Special Offer - We'll make you famous!
...and give you £200 cash back

We need your help to write one of our famous articles. We want to prove that paint correction is worth every penny, so we are looking for a couple of people to get their cars valued before they bring them to us for paintwork correction. And then, once we have made you car look super wonderful, if you get another valuation and bring it to us, and let us feature you in an article, we will give you £200 cash back. So not only will you and your car feature in one of our much read articles, you'll even get paid for it.

As you can see from the Y1 article, it is all quite painless!

Senninha
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Very nice finish in the photo's and def appears to have brought out the colour nicely.

Also handy to know there are based in Chelmsford which is just down the A130 for me!

Seems to be a few NSX's in this part of the world, must try to fix a meet before they all get locked away for winter.....

Greybloke
03-09-2006, 12:18 AM
before they all get locked away for winter.....

Are you kidding! It's great in the snow as well:p try it.

sportyking
03-09-2006, 03:16 PM
It goes without saying that Satan never got his hands on Y1 while it was in my care

WhyOne?
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
It goes without saying that Satan never got his hands on Y1 while it was in my care

I didn't imagine he did for a moment - the car was always travelling far too fast!

blue5
03-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Ian,

Hows the economy? improved or just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhyOne?
03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Ian,

Hows the economy? improved or just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tom,

Dramatically improved over the last 3 weeks (though Y1 has been parked in a garage whilst I was in the US buying new bits for it!!!!)

The last check I did, based on a weeks commute to Croydon (~50 mile round trip, mixed A and B roads and a bit of urban crawl) showed about 26 mpg, which I dont suppose is too bad.