PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a milestone today

Greybloke
29-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Just clicked over the 100,000 miles today:-P but then again :cry:

I've seen some high mileages reported on prime, but what's the highest in the UK?

Also do you think I need to carry out any specific preventitive maintenance (other than normal specified servicing) or shall I wait for things to fail, drop off, etc?

Anyway she's running superb, and still looks like a car a quarter of it's age. I just can't believe the mileage. This one's a keeper, as I know the history, and 100k over 15 years isn't too bad is it?

simonprelude
30-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Congratulations :)

I hit 60,000 last week, car is now hopefully tucked away apart from events and occasions, no more daily driving for me, that racked up nearly 3000 miles.

TheQuietOne
30-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Congratulations :)

I hit 60,000 last week, car is now hopefully tucked away apart from events and occasions, no more daily driving for me, that racked up nearly 3000 miles.

^^Wimp that's about a weeks driving in mine!^^

Congrats Nick, I'm at 37K after 6 years so yours is excellent!

gsuds
30-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Cars are for driving!

That's why the NSX beats the F-cars. IMHO, of course.

The Classic Car Club's '95 T must be at 140K or so by now - it's never had aything other than routine maintenance (well, apart from loads of clutches - members showing off?) and it is more or less constantly driven, by a large profile of different driver types.

Graham

DAVEMAT
30-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Goto admit 15 years old and 100K, your car looks fantastic

Senninha
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Congrats Nick,

"do you think I need to carry out any specific preventitive maintenance"

I would just adjust the drivers mirror to ensure you get safely through the next 100k ;)

Your X still looks superb, must meet up again soon!

Regards

Paul

Nick Graves
03-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Congrats, Nick!

Probably breaking a bottle of champagne on it's not such a good idea.

Apart from the usual lubrication of rubber & plastic bits with spray & ditto the suspension adjusters, I'd say just stick to the schedule.

Papalazarou
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd love to see some pic's of the one on Prime that had covered 340 000 miles!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34107&highlight=high+mileage

(page 4 of this thread).

The NSX really does eat the miles.

Cheers,

James.

Kevin
04-09-2006, 06:13 PM
There are things that are in the maintenance schedule which don't seem to be done in the UK. One is that the high pressure ABS should be changed at 48k miles. There are others. The service bulletins are listed on Prime. I guess I'd be checking the rubber harmonic balancer in the main pulley as well.

Nick Graves
04-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I guess I'd be checking the rubber harmonic balancer in the main pulley as well.

That's funny - they have a reputation for exploding on 246 Dini as well!

Mind you, it would probably be the oly original Ferrari part left >100,000

Paul
04-09-2006, 06:41 PM
So I suppose my '96 model ... not even having reached 58,000 miles ... is barely run in :-D

Greybloke
04-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Yea, Junior;)

sorepaws
21-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Think I saw your car parked up in the field at Good Wood this year - took a good look - very nice.

I would be interested to know about the mods to the ICE - I like the BOSE CD but unless I am using the radio in the wrong way reception and RDS is pants !

Looking forward to the next milestone

Regards

Mike

'91 H Red Auto - 581

Greybloke
21-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Mike
Yes it was quite poss me at Godwood FOS, as I did indeed park up in a very large field!

My ICE change was brought about by the poor performance from the original Bose set up (which let's face it was probably designed 20 years ago) As you know, the Bose head unit is a 1.5x DIN size and it's therefore difficult to find a straight replacement, particularly if you wand a CD unit

I therefore thought I'd source a new console which would allow any appeture to be formed (and after all the OEM set up could be reinstalled in the future) So acquired a RH consule from Dali, and had a local ICE dealer install a Pioneer cd head unit, with a ipod connection lead coming up into the centre box. I quite often use the power socket, so acquited a S2000 socket, which has a nice cover over the appeture. Whilst I was tinkering I also fitted a S2000 start button:p OK so it's not original, but it's now very practical, especially the ipod feature as it's far better than a cd changer, and takes up no space. Oh I also had some decent Kenwood speakers installed in place of the Bose door units, and now have a happy set up.:D