PDA

View Full Version : Red NSX at Donnington LMS Race

kowalski
28-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I went up to Donnington Park yesterday for the Le Mans Series Race and spotted a red/black roof NSX, number plate 888? parked up in the car park. Anyone on here? had a large GB sticker on the rear partition glass.

Thought it was Matts at first but he turned up later!

We had the idea of maybe getting some business cards made up with the club website address to stick under the wiper blade of new sightings. Might encourage more to the fold!

leigh

Paul
28-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Like the idea for a website business card that you could put under the wipers of 'unknown' NSX's that you might spot.

Business cards can cost a bit to put together ... I know having recently had some printed up for staff where I work ... can't recall the exact amount for the quantity we had done, but if this moves forward to a costings stage, please feel free to let me know as I have a contact in the printers where we got our cards made up.

An alternative might be to laminate a grid of business cards on some decent grade (100gsm) A4 paper ... or even light weight card, then use a guillotine to cut them up.

TheQuietOne
29-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I'd be happy to do some engraved polypropylene (letters etched on surface of the plastic - I'll post a picture of one) ones...they look pretty cool but are quite subtle, so I can understand if we want to go the ';card' route! Also if they were in polyprop they would be waterproof if left on a windscreen etc....

Matt.

forumadmin
29-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Back in the day...many years ago, we in the MR2 club used to shove a simple piece of photocopied paper under the wiper to get new members.

However.... if we are to do such a thing, especially with something more 'expensive' then we need to make sure we don't put cards onto cars that are already members or they will be wasted.

The MR2 owners also have a sticker applied to the inside of the windscreen to signify such membership, so maybe we need these too?

Paul
30-08-2006, 06:03 PM
NSXCB member stickers might not be a bad idea.

Having contributed to the voluntary fund to help maintain the site, would it be possible to use this for members stickers.

Obviously this would need to be carefully considered if 'site' funds were used. But I'd be happy to make another contribution to help top up the fund.

NSA
30-08-2006, 07:33 PM
That's my NSX. Will be at Goodwood Revival this weekend if anybody is there.