PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen

josewick
24-08-2006, 08:25 PM
can someone point me to the right direction?

Mine is CRACKED :(

blue5
24-08-2006, 08:46 PM
You need to claim on your insurance (the windscreen cover part that is) mine was a £40 excess only.

There are several threads on here re windscreens, and unfortunately some are about bad experiences, i had a baddie with autoglass but they were very professional in sorting out the problem.

I believe screens are about £600 or they were 5 years ago so i hope you have cover.

Lankstarr
25-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I just had mine replaced by autoglass but made sure that they had their 2 best fitters on the job.

Did a good job and think bill was only about £740 (£60 to me thanks Mr Churchill!)

Y1NSX had a new screen at a cost of abbout £1200 so if you have no insurance (can't think why you wouldn't !!) then be careful who you get it from

simonprelude
25-08-2006, 02:14 PM
If your Insurance doesn't cover replacement glass (not all do) then there are quite a few knocking around, do a search on ebay for someone selling used NSX parts and drop them a message to see if they have one.

Kevin
25-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Don't use the RAC! They manufacture their own, or at least get another supplier for the glass. Autoglass use the manufacturer's glass so you will get the same that Honda use. Maybe for an NSX the RAC will too, but they didn't for my accord.

Have the glass replaced at their workshop too, not by a mobile fitter.