PDA

View Full Version : Autocar NSX BS

AR
24-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I bought the Wed 23rd of August edition of Autocar and they talk about an NSX succesor. Same rumors as on prime. AM chaser.

It seems that Honda is giving in to the stockholders and making easier to sell cars.

Let's hope is not true.

Cheers

AR

Minch
24-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Lambo chaser would be nicer!

Kevin
24-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I guess it could be the media more than Honda that does this, but why call it an Aston Martin beater/competitor?

Didn't Honda learn from trying to make a Ferrari beater before that this won't work? Those that can afford an Aston, will buy an Aston. Those that can't will be told by their friends, they couldn't afford an Aston.

If Honda said it was a BMW/Audi/Merc beater, it would be easier to understand. Then they can target these owners into Honda's not Aston/Ferrari owners.

(as long as they don't drive NSXs like Audi drivers drive Audi's of course:D )

Minch
24-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes Paul take note of the above comment . . . . you Audi drivers you!

Senninha
24-08-2006, 07:22 PM
As with all these rumours I think the press are looking for a story. Prime talks about a single platform capable of front, mid or rear engine layout, with or without a 4x4 system. Until we see a running prototype(s) from Honda I'm not inclined to believe any of these stories.

As for the AutoCar story this week, I actually like the drawings of what looks like an AMV8 clone and if launched would offer punters an alternative to the Shaguar but with V10 grunt, could be a hit ....:cool:

Paul
24-08-2006, 07:58 PM
lol ... thanks for pointing out that I drive an Audi and an NSX ... just in case I forget ... ;-)

I recall reading an article or two about Honda looking at the possibility of making a new technology sports car ... I'd rather not think of it as a successor to the NSX ... but rather think of it as Honda putting a high performance sports car back into its range.

A variable platform design, like that hinted at by Senninha's post, i.e. a basic series of chassis / body components that can be interchanged to reduce manufacturing costs and enable rapid development of significantly different types of vehicle, i.e. front/rear/four wheel drive layout, front/mid/rear engine, or two/four door layout, or sport/family/utility bodied vehicle.

However, as has also been pointed out, time will tell as to whether any of this arrives.

A high revving, high performance V10 Honda engine in a well mannered and competent chassis ... what more would a car need ... I for one wouldn't care if people think of it as an Aston/Ferrari chaser/beater ... or if some turned their nose up at it because it wore a badge with an H on it rather than it having a coat of arms, a prancing horse, or an angry bull ... if I liked it and it appealed to me from a looks/performance/usability aspect, I'd be very interested in it ... then again I'm sure that's quite possibly the case for many NSX owners ... regardless of whether they drive an Audi on a daily basis ... ;-)

simonprelude
25-08-2006, 07:19 AM
The only way I will part with my money for it will be if it was a Lambo beater, otherwise Murcielago here I come :)

Lambo chaser would be nicer!