PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Section

forumadmin
24-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I have made some changes in the For Sale section.

The For Sale section is intended for NSX owners to sell on unwanted bits and pieces. For some time now, people join up whose first and only post is to try and sell something. They have no interest in the site or the NSX.

I feel this is unfair for those kind enough to donate to keep this site running, and those who spend some time looking after it. It is also unfair to the paid up vendors on this site as well. Why should some characters make money out of a site that is non-profit making itself?

If these people went anywhere else to sell their bits, they would have to pay, eBay, Exchange&Mart, AutoTrader.......whatever.

So I have come up with a solution which should maintain the original ethos.

Members who have been on the site for over a week, or have made more than 10 posts will be able to post in the For Sale section. Those who don't meet that requirement, will still be able to post, but the post will be moderated before it is visible.

NSXPrime incidentally, moderate all posts before they are shown so this is nothing new.

128 members can post straight to the For Sale at this point in time, which probably covers the vast majority of the active site members.