PDA

View Full Version : NSXCB Resurrection - Future Meets - Zoom Call

mutley
23-08-2023, 12:08 PM
Hi All,

Having had a chat with a couple of NSXCB members recently, and the reminisence of past major meets ( Mainly Japfest, Castle Combe), I think there is definitely a feeling that we would like to get one of these "big" meets organised again sometime (2024?).

I know there are several events throughout the year, and we are becoming fewer and are fairly widespread across the UK.

My suggestion is we have a bit of an online meeting via Zoom or similar video conferencing which would help us all have a bit of a chat, the usual banter and be able to plan a future NSX Mega Meet.

This will be my second visit to Silverstone Festival, and probably the last as it's not quite the same as the previous meets, where it was a bit more niche with potential track time / parade lap for those that wanted that.

Social media (I hate social media but Facebook has almost become a necessary evil) has killed off a bit of the usual forum traffic, but it would be great to get all our cars together again, somewhere, sometime.

Thoughts everyone?

Cheers
Jim

Papalazarou
23-08-2023, 12:45 PM
Hi Jim,

Totally agree. Silverstone was never the everyman event. But there are some great shows and venues on offer. I think some of the event organisers would be really happy to work with us. I would be happy to have a zoom meet to talk through some ideas.
Maybe take some notes and get some agreement on the best options. I will save my ideas to the video call.

All the best,

James,

mutley
23-08-2023, 01:22 PM
What dates / times would suit?

I'm available from Monday onwards, and flexible on timings

Cheers
Jim

Papalazarou
23-08-2023, 04:59 PM
Evenings are good for me. After 6.00pm. Tuesday onwards all clear.

Cheers.

mutley
23-08-2023, 07:41 PM
That could work for me

sorepaws
25-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Jim, really good to meet you today - I am up for this call, I know you are not a fan of FB - however it might be useful to post there as well. I am not sure how the "club" will feel about it though if it is posted on their FB page.

mutley
29-08-2023, 09:12 AM
Slightly disappointed that not many have replied, (plenty views though , unless that’s just us checking to see if there are any replies !!)

Not sure what else can be done to get a group together . I don’t want to make this about who is in what club, it should be about the cars not the clubs.

Thoughts any one ??
Cheers
Jim

lotusolly
29-08-2023, 04:02 PM
Slightly disappointed that not many have replied, (plenty views though , unless that’s just us checking to see if there are any replies !!)

Not sure what else can be done to get a group together . I don’t want to make this about who is in what club, it should be about the cars not the clubs.

Thoughts any one ??
Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim and welcome back to the road.

Happy to participate in any zoom meeting, evenings best for me too.

The forum used to be busy and personally I would probably check almost daily for posts but as it has slowed down I probably only view the site maybe once a month and guess others may be similar. As you say it should be about the car not the club but as such to get a better response it might be worth hitting all known groups simultaneously to get the best response as there unfortunately does seem to be a bit of a divide.
The benefit to the social media platforms is people can get a notification of messages to aid a quicker reply than with the forum if not being viewed reqularly.

Hope this comes together

Olly

Papalazarou
30-08-2023, 08:48 PM
I think we need to find someone who is willing to send everyone interested a link to a zoom call and arrange a date. Jim, if you fancy taking this on, I will send you my email.

Cheers.

Senninha
31-08-2023, 08:08 AM
Thanks for posting Jim,

If you dont mind setting up the zoom call I’ll ping over my email … it would be great to see a meeting with the volume of NSX we used to have in the forum heydays …. 30+ was regularly achieved, I think the largest UK event was 47 including some friends from Europe, so its doable. Even a drive out can hit double figures if organised well.

Look forward to ‘meeting’ and sharing ideas …

mutley
31-08-2023, 10:35 AM
HI all,

I am happy to run with this, and will play with some dates. Maybe give a 4 week window to smash the other "groups" and see who joins

Watch this space (as they say)

Cheers
Jim

NSX 2000
06-09-2023, 03:39 PM
Hi All

Sorry been very busy this summer, but would be more than happy to join a Zoom meeting to discuss meetings etc.

Who remembers the dinner we had near Northampton?

Papalazarou
06-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Hi All

Sorry been very busy this summer, but would be more than happy to join a Zoom meeting to discuss meetings etc.

Who remembers the dinner we had near Northampton?

Is that the one where we went to the Mugen factory, then drove at the top end of fourth gear through various dual carriageways before getting a bit drunk?

NSX 2000
07-09-2023, 08:01 AM
Is that the one where we went to the Mugen factory, then drove at the top end of fourth gear through various dual carriageways before getting a bit drunk?

Yes that sounds like the one.:laugh:

Papalazarou
07-09-2023, 09:42 PM
Yes that sounds like the one.:laugh:

That was a great drive and a great night. The days when I used to drink.

mutley
12-12-2023, 02:08 PM
Apologies all,

I seemed to have disappeared for a bit, I was kinda changing job ( I say kinda it's more of a posting, but change of contract, .......oh it's complicated) anyway, I would still like to get this club back to its formal glory with regards to meet up / car shows etc

Cheers,
Jim

sorepaws
12-12-2023, 05:46 PM
I keep posting car shows !! anyone interested ? - yes Zoom by all means when?

Papalazarou
14-12-2023, 07:18 PM
I keep posting car shows !! anyone interested ? - yes Zoom by all means when?

Sorry Mike, seems to be the curse of NSX ownership! I’m up for a zoom or whatever the kids are going now.

Cheers.

mutley
15-12-2023, 12:00 PM
If anyone had definite non-availability dates, lets post them up and try to get as many on the call as possible. As with everything, I'm sure it won't be possible to get a day/time that suits everyone though . But is we all pass on messages to other club members to have a look at this and see what we can do.

Cheers
Jim

mutley
18-12-2023, 09:48 AM
what would everyone's availability be between Xmas and New year?

somewhere 27- 29 Dec for example?

Cheers
Jim

sorepaws
19-12-2023, 10:37 PM
that works for me

Senninha
21-12-2023, 08:23 AM
Hey Jim,

Where are you thinking of meeting and is it a coffee and cars type mini meet, a convoyed drive or other? Interested ….

Rgds, Paul

Cheers
Jim

lotusolly
21-12-2023, 08:12 PM
I'm busy on the wednesday but otherwise good. I assume you mean for a zoom call not a meet?

Olly

mutley
23-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Hey Jim,

Where are you thinking of meeting and is it a coffee and cars type mini meet, a convoyed drive or other? Interested ….

Rgds, Paul

Paul, this is an online meet ( Zoom call) to get some some face to face chatting going and hopefully plan some actual meets for 2024

mutley
23-12-2023, 06:29 PM
Yes mate, I am thinking about getting a few of us on a Zoom call

NSX 2000
29-12-2023, 09:17 PM

Cheers
Jim

Sorry, I've just this. Did this go ahead? If not I'm still in.

Paul

sorepaws
29-12-2023, 09:18 PM
Sorry, I've just this. Did this go ahead? If not I'm still in.

Paul

Not yet as far as I know ...

sorepaws
29-12-2023, 09:24 PM
Just a thought - since most people have/use WhatsApp it might be a more effective way to comminicate to folks - if this is a good idea then I suggest that we share phone number by Notification here and then set up a group. - Number - Forum Name and Real name. I will check for numbers - if you already have my number then ping me and I will create the group.
Unless someone has a better idea to get this ball rolling.

NSX 2000
29-12-2023, 09:41 PM
Just a thought - since most people have/use WhatsApp it might be a more effective way to comminicate to folks - if this is a good idea then I suggest that we share phone number by Notification here and then set up a group. - Number - Forum Name and Real name. I will check for numbers - if you already have my number then ping me and I will create the group.

Sounds like a plan Mike, you have all my details.

Paul

Kaz-kzukNA1
30-12-2023, 01:55 PM
Hi, Mike.
Just got back from Japan for family reason so no posts on here or NSX activities for awhile.

You have my detail so please add me to the WhatsApp group.

We can even use it for group video calling upto certain numbers.

Would be nice to discuss about the contribution to support this forum as no one owns it and there are costs involved in running the site.

I'm not involved in the financial side of the forum so don't know how long the remaining fund would last.

Possibly just months or a few years but without the contribution by the users, just like other forum, it will shut down eventually.

Kaz

mutley
08-01-2024, 02:57 PM
Hi All ,

apologies, I was suppose to get this organised but time has flown past so quickly. Yes a whatsapp group could work too

Cheers
Jim

havoc
08-01-2024, 05:27 PM

Hi Mike,

Hopefully you've still got my details - please add me too.

Thanks,
Martin.

sorepaws
09-01-2024, 01:37 PM
Hi All ,

apologies, I was suppose to get this organised but time has flown past so quickly. Yes a whatsapp group could work too

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim, you have a message

Senninha
09-01-2024, 01:44 PM
Hi Jim,

You have my number if you decide to WhatsApp

Thx, Paul

mutley
11-01-2024, 11:14 AM
is there anyone else not already in the group that wants to be added?

Senninha
18-01-2024, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

I learnt too late that the club guys have joined a group who will visit Imola later this year.

Given its 30 years since we lost Ayrton and Roland I was trying to think of how we might show our respect. I then saw Mikes post for the Donnington event on May 4th/5th and thought why dont we use this as the location for a really big NSX gathering (think 2010 Japfest when we had 50+ together incl Robs race car) ….

It’s a 2-day event to which I can make the Saturday and it would be great to see as many of you as possible …

Any interest?

Regards, Paul

mutley
23-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Hi All,

I learnt too late that the club guys have joined a group who will visit Imola later this year.

Given its 30 years since we lost Ayrton and Roland I was trying to think of how we might show our respect. I then saw Mikes post for the Donnington event on May 4th/5th and thought why dont we use this as the location for a really big NSX gathering (think 2010 Japfest when we had 50+ together incl Robs race car) ….

It’s a 2-day event to which I can make the Saturday and it would be great to see as many of you as possible …

Any interest?

Regards, Paul

That might be a date clash for me, but nothing set in stone yet so possible.

Cheers,
jim

Senninha
25-01-2024, 07:45 PM
More on Remembering Senna in the Donington thread …

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?16217-Donnington-Historic-4th-and-5th-May-2024