PDA

View Full Version : Short gears

Papalazarou
20-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi Kidz,

I'm thinking of getting shorter gear ratios and wanted to know if there is someone in the UK that can get the bits and do the work and more importantly knows what they are doing.
Or, do I have to send the gearbox to the states, which seems a bit crazy?

It's a two birds with one stone thing really, because second gear synchro's a bit snicky in second when cold.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, I'm pretty sure I'm running non-JDM gearing as I'm hitting a hyperthetical 140mph in fourth at 8K.

Senninha
20-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm running non-JDM gearing as I'm hitting a hyperthetical 140mph in fourth at 8K.

James, just a thought, but was this before or after the new bigger alloys as this could impact your results and decision going forward.

regards

Paul

Minch
20-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi James,

If you do find someone let me know as I'm weighing up options for upgrades.

Cheers
Nathan

Papalazarou
20-08-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm running non-JDM gearing as I'm hitting a hyperthetical 140mph in fourth at 8K.

James, just a thought, but was this before or after the new bigger alloys as this could impact your results and decision going forward.

regards

Paul

Hi Paul,
the rolloing radius is identical to the oem size, so it's really the second gear issue and the keeping it in V-tech thing.

James.

Lankstarr
21-08-2006, 12:38 PM
P.s, I'm pretty sure I'm running non-JDM gearing as I'm hitting a hyperthetical 140mph in fourth at 8K.

I only hit hyperthetical 130mph in fourth at 8K :cry: :wink: